Junior Software Engineer at Akselos S.A. (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-11 05:00:36
Akselos is at a critical moment in their growth trajectory and as such they’re looking for a Junior Software Engineer, VN. Akselos provides several products such as Akselos Modeler, Akselos Dashboard, and Akselos Server. The role of this position is to take part in the development process of these software products as well as testing and ensure their performance. This role will be focused on helping the production team to automate certain engineering tasks such as CAD/meshing process and post-processing simulation results. The Junior Software Engineer, VN will report to the production team in HCMC and the product development team in Boston, USA.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new features for both Akselos Modeler, a desktop application, and for Akselos Dashboard, a web-based application. Maintain and improve existing features.
- Build a test suite to detect bugs, errors for both Akselos Modeler and Akselos Dashboard. Make sure those products are in good shape before delivering to users.
- Improve and automate software packaging process.
- Help to increase the productivity of the engineering team by developing specialized automation scripts.
- Maintain accessibility and performance of Akselos computational servers and network infrastructures
- Background in computer science and/or engineering
- 1 year of experience
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE Technical/job related skills requirement
- Advanced Python and/or C++ programming skill
- Experience in user interface development (Qt framework is preferred)
- Experience in database language (MySQL)
As a plus...
- Knowledge in computer graphics (e.g. OpenGL/WebGL)
- Knowledge of Windows framework (Windows SDK, Windows Installer)
- Understanding of networking and analyzing network security
- Experience in cloud-based structure, e.g. Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services is a plus
Competencies / Specific personal & job-related demands
- Ability to communicate in English and work well within dynamic teams located on three continents
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills