Frontend Engineer (m/f/d) at Itsapark (Berlin, Deutschland)
Location: Berlin, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-11 05:00:39
Intro to role
Your mission is to create a web app and mobile native app.
Doing so, you'll be mastering constant improvement and keep it simple, two values that form the foundation of our Engineering Team. Besides this being a great way to meet like-minded people and get inspired!
What are your responsibilities
- Write maintainable code (SOLID), easy to test and that you are proud of
- Build, maintain, and deploy new and existing functionality to all our environments
- Constantly improve our frontend architecture with best approaches
- Setup CI/CD processes and pipelines to quickly deliver our code to where it needs to be
- Collaborate closely with the product and Design Team on building new features
- Participate in planning, discussions and business meetings – we need every brain in the office to create the most successful product
- 7+ years of proven professional experience as a frontend engineer, within a software product company as opposed to agencies
- Production experience with Typescript, React, NextJS and React Native, including React Hooks, etc.
- Experience building mobile apps and mobile friendly and responsive web apps.
- Expert understanding of CSS, HTML (Browser DOM), JS (ES6, ES7, asynchronous programming, functional programming)
- Experience being part of a high performing agile team (Scrum/Kanban)
- Deep hands-on experience with CI/CD and testing tools including Cypress, Jest, UI test automation and building for continuous delivery using feature flags
- You have an eye for clean code and are passionate about testing
- Problem-solving collaborative attitude, not-afraid-of-new-challenges mindset, playful attitude
- Fluent level of English
Product knowledge/ Tool
- Experience with Typescript, React, NextJS, Apollo Server/Client, GraphQL, Contentful and other technologies that make sense for the problems we are solving.
- You will be among our first engineers to develop our products internally
What we offer
- Learn, grow and change quickly on the job, and with us through workshops, training, regular per to peer feedback and our online development portal
- Maintain that work/life balance with 30 days of holiday + possibility to work from home
- Working remote is up for discussion — as is your laptop (Mac or PC).
- H&M Group wide discount card (Weekday, Arket, Monki, Cos, &other Stories, H&M Home)
- Swapfiets bike subscription to offer you a more sustainable commute to work
- Weekly fresh fruit baskets in the office
- Weekly sustainability sessions
- This year we offer a posture and mindfulness workshop
Inclusion & Diversity
For us, this means acknowledging variety in everything — from race and gender, to identity and profession level — and actively engaging in a diversified environment. Encouraging contrasting perspectives inspires relevancy and provides a powerful tool to address the challenges we face. Inclusion is diversity in action, and diversity is fundamental.
At the core of what we do is inspiring better buys. As a multi-brand platform for fashion and lifestyle, we encourage our users to click what they love, read what they want and only buy what they need. This goes hand in hand with sustainability, and our research into brands and passion for finding the very best products reflects this. In our spaces, we have an inherent drive and an unfolding commitment to circular working. We hope you do too!
Application requirements/ Next steps
Does this sound like you? Then feel free to click “apply”!
We are a small team and expect to get back to you as soon as possible. The designated team will reach out to you.