Android Application Developer - React Native PPaaS F/M at Worldline (Paris, France)
Location: Paris, France
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-12 05:00:28
About Worldline Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European leader in the payment and transactional services industry. With innovation at the core of its DNA, Worldline’s core offerings include pan-European and domestic Commercial Acquiring for physical or online businesses, secured payment transaction processing for banks and financial institutions, as well as transactional services in e-Ticketing and for local and central public agencies. Thanks to a presence in 30+ countries, Worldline is the payment partner of choice for merchants, banks, public transport operators, government agencies and industrial companies, delivering cutting-edge digital services. Worldline’s activities are organized around three axes: Merchant Services, Financial Services including equensWorldline and Mobility & e-Transactional Services. Worldline employs circa 12,000 people worldwide, with 2019 revenue of circa 5.3 billion euros. worldline.com
About the role
As an Android Developer, you will be responsible for developing, enhancing, and designing world-class mobile applications and SDKs for the PPAAS platform. Your role will include implementing, and enhancing the Android mobile components, alongside a team of mobile developers.You will work in conjunction with the team Product Owner, UI/UX designers, Architects and other teammates to create a secure, seamless and efficient mobile experience. You will discuss the stories with the Product Owner and participate to the choice of libraries and frameworks to best meet the requirements.To ensure success as an Android Developer, you should demonstrate proficiency in one of the mainstream programming languages, and a sound understanding of the traditional product life cycle. An exceptional Android Developer will be fearless but respectful in the pursuit of excellence, continually striving to shape the ways in which Android apps impact the world around us.You will develop for both Android consumer smartphones and payment specific Android devices optimised for merchants. You will specifically focus on developing and enhancing mobile SDKs to offer PPAAS clients and partners the best possible developer experience on Android.
- Design and build business-oriented SDK and applications for the Android platform.
- Integrate our patented and innovative technology for dynamic service orchestration
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API's.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Maintain technical documentation up to date.
- Experience in Android mobile application development projects working with agile methodologies
- Ability to use the Android Studio, including the Android SDK, with ease.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with multiplatform frameworks such as React Native or Native Script.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Self-starter able to set and manage priorities and work with a high degree of autonomy
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Good communication and presentation skills (both written and oral) in English are required
Basic Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or related field
- 7+ years of software development experience working with agile development practices including large scale agile organisations with multiple teams
- 3+ years of Android development experience
- Experience in working in a matrix management environment
Preferred Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- Participation to Android developers’ conferences and events.
- Previous experience as a developer at Mobile or Software-as-a-Service (Saas) companies
- Experience working with API products
- Experience in Cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) environments is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in French