Location: Bellevue, WA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-13 05:00:08
We are currently focused on two areas: helping people obtain or refinance mortgages, and helping nurses find jobs. We maintain a highly-collaborative environment where everyone is encouraged to take initiative and own the solutions to the problems they identify. We believe in hiring smart people and supporting them while they do great things.
What you'll do on a day-to-day basis
- Weigh in on making smart architectural decisions. We want our products to be scalable, secure, and distributable, which is why we strive to make smart decisions when building things.
- Build new features and products. We have tons of ideas that need to be prototyped, tested, and eventually released.
- Support and improve existing websites and products. We're currently in charge of multiple websites, products, and development stacks, and they all require maintenance.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. Everything we do has an impact on the business. You will be working directly with product managers, campaign managers, business analysts, UX designers.
- Collaborate with/mentor junior engineers and delegate tasks. We want everyone on the team to grow professionally and contribute to the success of Full Beaker. Pass on your knowledge and encourage the team to learn and do more.
The best things about this job:
- You'll work in a safe and open environment with talented people who have a broad range of experience.
- You'll enjoy creative freedom when building new things and improving existing products.
- You'll be supported, but never micromanaged.
- You'll be encouraged to learn: we provide a $1500 budget per year that covers books, courses, and conferences.
- We provide full-time employees with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for close family members.
- We also provide a matching 401(k) program, performance bonuses, 3 weeks of paid vacation, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and a sick PTO policy that boils down to "don't come in until you feel better".
Things you should know
- You’ll be reporting directly to the VP, Front-End Engineering.
- COVID and temporary/permanent remote working. Due to COVID, Full Beaker’s Bellevue office has been closed since March 5, 2020, and everyone has been working remotely. Like most companies, we can’t say for sure when our office will reopen. However, when it does, we will be respectful of everyone’s individual situation and preferences. Subject to whatever social distancing/public health requirements are in place, people that want to work in the Bellevue office on a regular and frequent basis will be able to do so. However, if people want to work remote permanently and come into the office less frequently, that will be an option too. Like every company, we’ll need to establish some ground rules for how this will work and we haven’t worked out those details yet. If this is something of interest, please do ask about it during your interview. In summary, whilst our preference is for people to be in our Bellevue office when they can, permanent WFH is an option too.
Here’s what you can expect from our interview process:
You'll spend some time talking with our Head of Product, Product Managers, Software Engineers, our CEO, and our founder. During those conversations, we'll be looking to assess whether you're a good cultural fit and that our values are aligned. We encourage you to come prepared with as many questions as possible to determine whether we're a good fit for you!
We will assess your ability to act independently and lead to the development of new products. This includes cross-team communication and collaboration, planning and organization, and the ability to move seamlessly from strategy down to the details.