Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-13 05:00:14
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
About Canada Life’s Digital Hub
Canada Life’s Digital Hub is a team driven by customer needs. We provide expertise and strategic thought leadership that’s fueling Canada Life’s customer experiences.
Our team of experts in design, technology, product and agile work collaboratively with our business partners, creating digital tools that improve our customers’ lives. Come join an organization committed to delivering innovative, digital experiences.
We are looking for a Software Developer
As a Software Developer on our Digital team, you will play a key role in delivering engaging digital products, web sites and mobile applications quickly and with minimal customizations for a configured solution that meets the needs of our customers.
What you will do
- Working predominantly in Agile scrum teams, build out business processes using Java, Microsoft .Net Framework, ASP.NET and Angular.
- Involved in all phases of the project lifecycle - from low-level design and development through to deployment and post-production support
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Help and mentor other members of the team
What you will bring
- 3+ years experience working on development teams, ideally using Agile development techniques
- Understanding of APIs and how to use them in practice
- Knowledge and experience with routing and messaging integration platforms such as Apache Camel and queuing techniques
- Adept at picking up new skills and technologies and excited to constantly learn
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted