Senior .NET/C# Software Engineer at MHR (Nottingham, UK)
Location: Nottingham, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-13 05:00:26
As a Senior .NET Engineer you will use the latest versions of .NET Core and other associated Microsoft Technologies. You will use best practices such as SOLID principles and design patterns. Working in an agile development team along with approximately 25 other .NET developers to solve business problems, plan, estimate, write, test and document the code.
How We Work:
- Azure DevOps is used to manage backlogs, builds and releases.
- Creating RESTful microservices deployed onto Azure Cloud.
- Core hours are used to minimise interruptions to developers.
- We use Agile to plan and deliver value to the end user incrementally.
- Our products are shipped at least every two weeks.
- We sponsor tech events such as Tech Nottingham and Hack24.
- You will be actively encouraged to grow your skills by pursing self-learning or attending conferences.
- You can either broaden your knowledge by learning new skills within the .NET sphere, or by branching out into other areas like Angular, Java or Azure.
- You will be surrounded by other experienced developers.
MHR offers HR, Payroll and Analytical expertise to help our customers work smarter. With over 700 employees working across four products. A family-owned company providing financial independence serving over 1,000 customers across the public, private and non-profit sectors.
- Unit testing
- SQL - NHibernate
- Design Patterns
- Build tools
- To take responsibly for producing endpoints third party and internal clients can use.
- Mentoring other .NET Developers.
- Provide formal and qualified estimated of development effort.
- Use specific design, analysis and language capabilities to provide required functionality in accordance with agreed timescales and to the prevailing standards.
- Contribute/ lead requirement and design reviews.
- Facilitate and fulfil tasks as a member of an agile team, using agile practices (e.g. peer reviews, test Driven Development and daily stand-up meetings).
- Review code delivered by other developers.
- Provide guidance to other developers on the implementation and impact of new features, in line with coding standards and system architecture.
- Contribute towards technical documentation which will assist with onboarding.