Backend Developer with interest in data engineering at Hemnet (Stockholm, Sweden)
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-13 05:00:34
We build Sweden's largest housing portal - and one of the most used digital products in Sweden - with approximately 65 million visits every month. Although we have been around for twenty years, and engaged so many people already, we are as playful and fast-moving as a startup.
At Hemnet, you'll be part of creating the future of how people sell and buy their homes. Experimenting, evaluating and building will be part of your day. Our large amount of users gives us data driven guidance in a short time. What we build in the morning is often out in production for our users already after lunch.
The development department is the biggest team at Hemnet with around 60 people. We are building products for people looking to buy a new home, people looking to sell a property, property brokers, and our b2b partners. We are six small, cross-functional teams, all working in an agile and self-propelled way, playing a big part of the full product development cycle.
Team Platform is growing and looking for a new colleague
Team Platform’s mission is to enable Hemnet’s five product development teams to release and maintain their products by providing a powerful, approachable and stable application platform. The platform team consists of six developers working closely with our Product Manager to develop and evolve our platform.
Team Platform has the responsibility to serve product teams with infrastructure, core API/backend services and data pipelines. We now need to strengthen our team with a multifaceted backend developer that also likes working with data.
About the role
In this role you’ll be working in a team that has responsibility for a wide range of tools and services, like CI/CD pipelines, AWS environment and Data Warehouse, while working with and evolving core parts of Hemnet. In this role you will, together with your team, lead our mission to ensure our platform meets business needs and growth, this by:
- Building, updating and maintaining our data pipelines spanning from our core apps and other systems to our data warehouse and data API
- Updating and maintaining third party products within our data pipelines (Snowplow, etc.)
- Cooperating with business stakeholders (BI, product teams) to ensure usage of data warehouse architecture
- Taking part in team platforms daily duties and rituals, like standup, planning, support, etc.
- Be a part of an agile team where continuous improvement and continuous delivery are part of the everyday work life
Who we are looking for you who...
- have professional experience working with data-pipelines and data warehouse solutions
- have worked with PostgreSQL
- have worked with implementation of ETL processes and data structures
- Is a true team player
It would also be be great if you have worked with (if not you’ll learn as you go):
- Terraform, Docker, AWS