Backend Engineer Node.js/GraphQL at trivago N.V. (Düsseldorf, Germany)
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-13 05:00:38
We might have something for you: We need a Backend Engineer who helps us take care of mission-critical, high-traffic software infrastructure.
Concretely, we are talking about our main GraphQL server and its attached data sources, which serve as the entry door for all our client-facing products. Find the best way to model data and requests. Show feature teams how they can query for the information they need. Help us maintain order in a growing and dynamic GraphQL schema!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Write new GraphQL modules to make these services available to clients.
- Combine data from various sources using Kafka streams and gRPC.
- Support feature-building teams with their data needs.
- Own your codebase: participate in architecture decisions and other improvements.
- Be an ambassador for consistency, robustness, and performance of our server
- Working in a team of great, supportive people who are passionate and curious.
- Engaging in meaningful conversations to exchange new ideas and knowledge and to learn from each other.
- Paying attention to details and making sure that things work properly.
- Getting to the root cause of strange behaviour, even if you have to dig a little deeper.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position. Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].
We look forward to your application!