ArcGIS Hub DevOps Engineer at Esri (Arlington, VA)
Location: Arlington, VA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-13 05:00:38
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who is driven to build and maintain large-scale developer and operational systems for products that improve government and community collaboration and create the next generation of civic technology. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining robust technical infrastructure and build systems and providing timely feedback to development and product stakeholders via detailed monitoring and alerting metrics. These systems are a critical component in increasing the product software teams’ velocity in delivering high-quality features and platform stability to our customers.
What We Do
ArcGIS Hub is a community engagement platform that organizes people, data, and tools through information-driven initiatives.Our work is used by over 10,000 organizations around the world to share open data, gather feedback, and support collaboration to improve society. These range from U.S. federal agencies and cities to global non-profits and commercial enterprise companies. We are looking for creative, smart, and caring engineers to help us build the next generation of geospatial collaboration tools. As a team member at Esri, you will solve challenges that make a difference in the world.
What We Offer
A Great Team--Our team of software engineers, product engineers, and interaction designers work collaboratively to build innovative geospatial web applications delivered in rapid iteration cycles. We are based near Washington, DC with team members who work remotely from locations across the U.S. Flexibility & Support--We provide a flexible work schedule that allows you to shift hours and time that fits your own needs. Our excellent healthcare, retirement, and profit-sharing support your well-being and long-range planning.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Build microservices that support infrastructure, monitoring, and management functions
- Expand and support a Jenkins build system and other Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) components
- Secure and harden cloud-based platforms
- Create and maintain Amazon Web Services (AWS) and VMware vSphere based platforms and services using Terraform, Chef, and other infrastructure-as-code tools
- Utilize Docker and orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes to allow for dynamic and reliable application development and deployment
- Collaborate with product engineers and software developers to build new software releases
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution, including being part of an on-call rotation for production systems
- Participate in product reviews to guide and support testing requirements
Ideally You Have
- Passion for automating infrastructure
- Excellent skills in the design, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Selenium, etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Used containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, and have experience with Linux platforms
- Either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a related field, or at least 5 years of experience in DevOps and automation or related disciplines
Other Helpful Traits
- Solid understanding of computer networks
- Agility and excellent communication and soft skills
- Expertise in planning, designing, and implementing custom in-house tools
- Previous work experience as a member of a Scrum team
- Hands-on knowledge of ArcGIS web platform, location-based services, geo-enabled apps, spatial analytics, or similar geospatial technology
- A particular interest in improving civil society and community collaboration
One Last Thing
Some applicants may see this list and feel discouraged because they don’t meet all the requirements. Please apply anyway; we realize it is a crazy long list and we don’t expect you to fulfill all requirements. Chances are that you could be the awesome team member we are looking for!