Software Engineer, Front End, Google Play at Google (Atlanta, GA)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-13 05:00:40
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of software development experience, or 1 year with an advanced degree.
- Experience with front end technologies or front end frameworks.
- Experience developing user-facing software.
- Experience with web standards such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Knowledge of web design and the fundamentals of user experience.
- Knowledge of the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
- Ability to build products that are accessible to users with disabilities.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
Google Play offers music, movies, books, apps and games for devices, powered by the cloud. It syncs across devices and on the web. As part of the Android and Mobile team, Googlers working on Google Play do everything from engineering our backend systems, to shaping product strategy, to forming great content partnerships. They make it possible for people to do things like buy an ebook or song on their Android phone, then have it instantly available on their laptop. The Google Play team enhances the Android ecosystem by giving developers and partners a premium store where they can reach millions of users.
- Design and implement components of existing and new frontend applications, primarily focusing on data presentation and exploration features.
- Collaborate with other engineers, data scientists, and product analysts in the team and adjacent teams to resolve scaling and performance challenges from dealing with effective visualization of large amounts of data.
- Work with backend developers to understand the shape and organization of data, and develop new and insightful presentation approaches, including integration into emailed reports and other notification technologies.