Senior Software Engineer (Back End preference) at Higher Logic () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-13 05:00:47
Higher Logic is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer to work with our existing .Net applications to assist in improvement and enhancement of existing web applications. As a valued member of the team, you will actively participate in delivering value to our customers in simple, scalable ways while working with a collaborative Scrum team. Our team is looking for a well-rounded engineer that is curious, ready and willing to dive into any area of the technology stack and excited to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Develop integration solutions to transfer and transform massive data volumes from third party contact management systems to the Higher Logic platform.
- Build APIs to authenticate/register/manage users, groups, and events from third party systems.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with stakeholders, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas.
- Solve complex problems around synchronization of data between account management systems, our community platform, and Identity providers.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Participate in agile team meetings. Working to continually improve our work, processes, and team culture.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years working with .NET. or similar object-oriented languages.
- Proficient in C# .Net or .Net Core.
- Mid-Level knowledge of DB SQL Skills in a Modern Relational DB (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server).
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles.
- Experience working on initiatives in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline team environment.
- Professional awareness of AWS infrastructure: Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, S3, Security groups, Cloudwatch.
- Direct experience with developing web services messaging and business logic layer (SOAP, RESTful, GraphQL is bonus) and familiarity transforming and building XML, WSDLs, and JSON.
- Experience with the delivery and support of single sign on, SAML, OAuth and OpenID Connect.
- Experience with Rest Web services, SSO/Federation architectures and other authentication/authorization protocols.
- Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience is a bonus.
- Knowledge of IAM concepts such as identity management, provisioning, authentication, authorization, certification/governance.
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows.
What you'll earn:
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health benefits package.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Healthcare and dependent-care flexible spending account.
- Company short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Company culture that recognizes its employees.
- Room for growth and development and management that cares about your professional growth and will help you achieve your goals.
- Significant advancement opportunities for outstanding performers.
Higher Logic is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Higher Logic is committed to ensuring that its application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by emailing [email protected]