Software Engineer working on ML/AI (Ruby, Node, React, Go) at Outlier.ai (Oakland, CA) (allows remote)
Location: Oakland, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-13 05:01:13
Join us to build a product that addresses an important, unsolved problem in business intelligence today, on a team that solves problems together, learns from one another, and continuously seeks to improve itself. Build and launch new capabilities, improve our platform, and watch your work impact your fellow engineers, the broader Outlier team, and our customers!
As a Software Engineer at Outlier, you get to:
- Work with your team delivering value across our stack - depending on the team in some mix of React and Node.js, Ruby, Python, or Go. We deploy on Kubernetes. We don’t expect you to know all these technologies!
- Design, implement, and launch user facing features, as part of a team.
- Work with others at Outlier, as well as our customers, to understand our customers' challenges and how to improve the product.
To be a great fit for the position, you have experience of:
- Coding and shipping software.
- Proficiency in one of the languages mentioned above.
- Good written and oral communication skills. You don’t need to be a native English speaker with perfect grammar, but being able to clearly express your ideas is crucial to distributed communication.
- Focusing on the user experience and the business needs of our customers.
- A desire to learn and improve, and to help your teammates do the same.
Please note that after having a chance to chat with us, part of our interview experience will include a short - max 4 hours! - take-home challenge. This gives us something real to talk about during the interview. We’re aware that there are downsides to take-home challenges, but we do believe it strikes the best balance between being respectful of your time and avoiding unrealistic pressure situations such as live-coding or whiteboarding algorithms.