Cloud DevOps Engineer at trivago N.V. (Düsseldorf, Germany)
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-14 05:00:11
Are you a skilled engineer, interested in actively shaping and improving our cloud infrastructure? Looking to work in an agile development environment? Then you’ve come to right place! We’re searching for a Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our Independent Hotels team in the Marketplace and Advertiser Dynamics pillar.
trivago is currently focused on the restart of the travel industry after the global COVID-19 pandemic. That means we’re at the forefront of adapting to the traveller’s new mindset as well as reinventing our B2B products for independent hoteliers.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you’ll be contributing to this exciting adventure by helping us provide independent hoteliers with tech solutions that will support their business and leverage their potential on trivago.
Can’t wait to jump onboard and get started? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
Our Technology Stack:
– PHP / NodeJS / Golang / Java– Kafka / NATS / Pub/Sub– Redis / MySQL / DynamoDB– Docker– Jenkins / Github Actions– HashiCorp / AWS migrating to GCP
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the software engineering, product management, data science, and quality assurance teams to design, implement, manage and improve our systems with high uptime.
- Advise, consult and coach the team to take full ownership of their services and get up and running with GCP.
- Maintain existing infrastructure and services on AWS until they are migrated to GCP.
- Design, build and continuously improve our infrastructure to ensure scalability and high-availability while maximizing development team efficiency.
- Analyse the requirements and provide the best infrastructure solutions.
- Monitor applications in production and solve or support any issues or complications that arise.
- Design and implement an efficient monitoring system for all our services, with an advanced alerting system for unusual behaviors.
- Proactively resolve and perform root cause analysis for critical issues related to infrastructure, applications and deployments.
- Share your technical know-how with other team members, document your solutions, concepts and approaches for future reference.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as DevOps Engineer, Cloud Architect, Site Reliability Engineer or Software Engineer.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Deep knowledge in Cloud infrastructure orchestration via Kubernetes (GKE).
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies (Terraform, Cloudformation) and modern cloud-based service providers (AWS, GCP).
- Good Unix knowledge.
- Proven programming skills (e.g., Python, Go, Bash, Java).
- To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and proles as well as share knowledge.
What we’d love you to have:
- You feel comfortable writing and maintaining Bash scripts in *nix environments.
- Knowledge/hands-on experience in distributed systems and/or streaming data technologies.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position. Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].
We look forward to your application!