Full Stack Engineer at Mollie (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-14 05:00:11
As a full-stack engineer in the Web Engineering team, you will be working on our public website, our merchant Dashboard, and our authentication flows. You will be responsible for the implementation of tooling to acquire new customers via the website and work on optimising the entire merchant signup and activation flow. The signup and activation flow starts at our public website and ends when the merchant's account is activated in the Dashboard.
The Web Engineering team is a cross-functional team within the marketing department, consisting of frontend engineers, a designer, an agile business analyst, and an engineering lead. Together, you will be working closely with the rest of the marketing department to increase brand awareness, attract new customers and keep the website running smoothly. You will do so through experimentation (using A/B testing tools) and by iterating our website.
The nice thing about this role is that you can make an impact by working with all the different systems that are used throughout the customer journey. To give you an indication: our public website is written in Next.js, our signup pages in our PHP monolith (which we will be extracting into multiple services this year), and our Dashboard is written in React.
What you'll be doing
- Design, build and implement tooling to track and optimize the customer journey in various systems.
- Bridge the gap between beautiful user-interfaces and the APIs of various systems that keep our website running.
- Analyse & solve complex problems across the stack.
- You will put your skills to the test, allow yourself to grow and learn rapidly.
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience in developing web applications.
- Experience with both Node and PHP is preferable. You’re not afraid to use an API or build one yourself.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working effectively with different stakeholders.
- Experience with the implementation of A/B testing tools is nice to have
- Basic understanding of working with Google Cloud Platform is an added plus!
- Understanding of marketing tools (Google Analytics, Hubspot, etc.) - Nice addition to have