Mid- Level Java/C++ Software Developer at Berryville Holdings, LLC () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-14 05:00:14
Work from home opportunity. Only seeking candidates in South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Kentucky, Texas, Florida, or Colorado.
- You want to build software capabilities and not just manicure code.
- You want work that's a challenge and an adventure.
- You want to work at a place where you're not the only one who knows what's going on.
- You want to be amply rewarded for your hard work.
- You want to drastically minimize your daily commute.
Berryville Holdings, LLC is a software development and services company dedicated to providing leading-edge technology solutions to customers whose security and operational requirements demand proactive security and tactical solutions. Our headquarters is located outside of Washington D.C. in Herndon, Virginia, and we have highly talented developers across the country who devise and maintain our unique software solutions. Join us to realize your full potential, to focus your talents on rewarding and meaningful work, and to stop being a labor charity for mediocre software companies.
Berryville Holdings, LLC is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Java or C++ developer with web experience, who can provide unaided support extending our cyber defense software solutions. We can't tell you exactly what we work on here, but it's more awesome than a T-Rex with a jetpack. The primary responsibility of this job is to produce highly performant and reliable code across disparate programming languages. This is a full-time, work-from-home position that allows for job responsibilities to be performed on a flexible work schedule. Salary is dependent on experience and ability. Potential candidates must pass a criminal background check. This position is W2 only.
Below is a summary of job responsibilities and a list of required and desired job skills:
- Maintain and enhance existing system and web-based applications
- Software Design and Development related to network and communication security
- Troubleshoot and fix software issues
- Participate in development planning (e.g. writing jiras, attending agile development meetings)
- Save the universe
- Workplace Experience ~~3+ years combined~~ Experience writing system and web-based applications
- 3+ years of experience in Java or C++ or equivalent language
- Linux operating system experience
- Familiarity and the ability to use Git
- Working knowledge of web, database, application servers
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks
- Ability to successfully operate in a highly dynamic environment
- Secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent program and experience.
- Proficiency in a Linux scripting language
- Experience with the following languages, libraries, and technologies: Typescript (angular or react), Qt – c++, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Nginx – openresty.
- Familiarity with Public Key Infrastructure, symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Experience with a variety of Cloud Providers APIs and services (Amazon, Rackspace, Softlayer, etc.)
- Experience with in-house Cloud solutions (VMWare, OpenStack, etc.)
- Networking experience
- Working time-travel device (preferably built into a stainless steel automobile)
Job Type: Full-time, Remote
Salary: $90,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
BVH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.