Java Developer - Consumer Industry Cloud at SAP (Pudong, China)
Location: Pudong, China
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-14 05:00:20
Requisition ID: 275039Work Area: Software-Design and DevelopmentExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
S/4HANA Consumer Industries Cloud (CIC) is a new business unit at SAP S/4HANA with a focus on Industry Cloud, an emerging market segment where SAP guides its customers towards evolving their industry-centric business models with new processes, tools, and business services. SAP CIC complements SAP existing Business Suite as well as helps the entire company keep pace with new market trends in Industry Cloud.
SAP S/4HANA CIC holistically targets the strategic industries Consumer Products, Retail, Wholesale, and Life Sciences. As a dedicated unit, it takes a start-up approach to developing new cloud products and brings together the product strategy and Product Management for these four industries with all the necessary cloud business functions, such as architecture, engineering, and operations along with development of cloud-native applications.
SAP is consistently recognized as one of the world's top employers. Now it's your turn to take the next step and help create the future.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a backend software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to SAP Consumer Industries Cloud’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- Work on proof-of-concept and prototyping efforts.
- Develop backend frameworks and applications targeting on security, simplicity, reliability, scalability, performance and re-use.
- Write efficient modules that drive complex web applications.
- Work on topics related to cloud qualities including performance, scalability, and accessibility.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software with a focus on full-stack or backend technologies.
- Propose and compare design and technology options with technical leads.
- Work closely with Designers & Product Managers.
- Build a highly scalable and reliable, state-of-the-art web application to handle critical functions for hundreds of thousands of employees.
- Constantly test, monitor, analyse and improve performance.
- Ability to earn the respect of a talented engineering team.
A Successful Candidate requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a backend or full-stack engineer building highly scalable and reliable web applications with high standards for security leveraging state-of-the-art technology stacks and tooling.
- Sense for quality assurance and experience designing and implementing functional tests as part of the development process.
- Knowledge of modern backend technology stacks based on Spring Framework (Spring MVC, Spring data, Spring security, Spring boot, Spring cloud) and JPA/Hibernate/MyBatis ORM.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on project experience in data stores like MySQL/Mariadb, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience developing in an agile team using Git, GitHub or GitLab.
- Familiarity with containerized applications and container orchestration.
- Experience building web APIs and API-first design principles
- Strong sense of design and commitment to the fundamentals of UX-Design.
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems
- Experience with Microservices architecture
- Experience in serverless frameworks (e.g. Micronaut) and environments (e.g. KNative)
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.