Senior Engineer who likes (Big) data at TomTom (Ghent, Belgium)
Location: Ghent, Belgium
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-14 05:00:30
At TomTom…You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.What you’ll do
- Work on tooling related to automated map making, not limited to implementation work but as well data analysis, design, deployment,
- Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic, diverse and shared environment
- Design, implement and maintain state-of-the-art algorithms in Java.
- You will work on incremental data transformation algorithms and deliver high quality software through agile development methodologies
- You will dive into the pile of metadata we gathered on our processes and write tooling to gather insights
- Use those insights to make recommendations to streamline the process
- You have solid experience with object-oriented programming languages and impressive coding skills
- You are willing to work with Java and upskill your Java background
- You are working with automated testing, CI techniques and tools, design patterns and clean code principles
- You enjoy working as part of a self-organizing team
- You feel comfortable in areas like: Big Data (e.g. Spark) and Cloud Computing (e.g. Azure)
- Knowledge of automated deployment and testing techniques and tools (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Good communication skills
- Proactive attitude
- Being familiar with mapping/GIS principles is a plus
- Interest in or experience with data science / machine learning
Meet your team We’re Maps, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining our team, you’ll help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.Achieve more We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring. After you applyOur recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.TomTom is an equal opportunity employerWe celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.Ready to move the world forward?