Senior Java Developer - Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (JoinOCI) at Oracle (Bucharest, Romania)
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-15 05:00:19
The Service Engineering Group, part of the Oracle Cloud Services, develops cutting-edge software solutions to enable the Oracle Cloud businesses.
As a Senior Engineer, you will work in a global team of highly skilled professionals. You will be expected to push the envelope in terms of delivering innovative technical solutions. This includes the ability to design and implement complex enterprise systems involving Oracle technologies primarily involving Java, J2EE, REST, SOAP, Web Services, and XML.
- Design and implement effective software solutions.
- Developing prototype functionality to demonstrate design options. Implement add-on functionality to existing J2EE based web applications to satisfy immediate client needs;
- Reviewing the prototype with users to ensure it meets business and usability requirements;
- Evaluating requirements and technical limitations with users;
- Liaising with technical architects & delivery teams to ensure technical consistency;
- Provide development user support and bug triage for the applications.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles using agile development methodology and DevOps practices, including CI / CD and test automation.
Qualifications / Experience:
- At least 5 years application development experience including exposure to web technologies;
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree;
- Strong knowledge of Java, J2EE, SQL & PL-SQL, Linux scripting.
- Experience in working with Oracle development tools & technologies an advantage;
- Knowledge of full project lifecycle - from initial consultation to delivery;
- Experience of working with large development teams; international experience is an advantage
- Fluency in English
- Strong interpersonal & presentation skills;
- The ability to influence at all levels with well-developed persuasive arguments;
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadline requirements complimenting a proactive and flexible approach with a resilient and results - orientated nature.
- Possessing exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to facilitate requirements workshops;
- Self-driven and self-motivated;
- Results orientated, an ability to manage multiple priorities is also expected;
- Creative & practical design skills;
- Strong customer focus;