Product Support Engineer at Odoo (San Francisco, CA)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-15 05:00:37
Product Support Engineer
The role will be 100% remote for now #socialdistancing. Eventually, it will convert into an onsite role in San Francisco CA. Relocation bonus available depending upon location.
Odoo is the world's top open-source ERP SaaS software and Product Support Engineers are key to our future success! Product Support Engineers coordinate with various service teams to strategically find the best solutions for businesses that use our software.
As a Product Support Engineer here at Odoo, you will help us achieve our mission of accelerating value for longstanding SMB customers spanning across North America. This role collaborates with other client facing roles, is part of a growing team, and heavily impacts Odoo's success. We're looking for someone who is investigative, empathetic and has great communication skills. You understand small to medium sized businesses and the functions within them.
- Investigate Product Technical Issues (customer-reported problems and bugs )
- Identify an issue’s root cause
- Describe an issue’s symptoms
- Quantify an issue’s scope and propose a solution
- Own support tickets and troubleshooting within our organization for Odoo, tools and services.
- Working with internal cross-functional teams to solve technical problems for our customers and strategic partners
- Acting as a technical advisor to our customers and strategic partners
- Solving technical problems, demonstrating Odoo product value, and communicating clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Managing support for Enterprise customers in SaaS, PaaS, and Self-hosted environments
- Troubleshoot areas of poor performance and identify effective solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses, and overall customer experience
- Document support ticket resolution and apply these fixes for customers
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required - Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Creative thinker and strategic problem solver
- Familiarity with database concepts/scripting
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, both written and verbally
- Demonstrate an affinity for Saas products that handle CRM, Accounting, Inventory, POS, and other software verticals
Nice to have:
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Business experience at an ERP
- Experience/knowledge with SaaS/PaaS/Cloud based applications
- Sociable and outgoing
- Willing to learn constantly and work proactively
- Prior experience at a fast-growing startup
Compensation and Perks:
- $100 towards a work from home office set up + the ability to pick up chairs, laptop stands, etc. as needed. (All office equipment picked up is considered office property where as the $100 spent on office equipment would be yours to keep)
- Free books for professional development
- Benefits include: healthcare (KAISER!), dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account
- Compensation includes base salary and commissions for all strategic partnerships sales team members
- PTO (Paid-time-off), paid sick days and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance program; 3 X 1 hour telehealth calls with certified mental health professionals
- Evolve in a nice working atmosphere with a passionate growing team!
Once back in the office (Post social distancing):
- Company sponsored events for groups of 6+ employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits such as parking and transit
- Chef-prepared lunches - snacks, fruit, and coffee/drinks on tap!
- Yoga classes on-site and other activities possibly expensed if multiple employees attend, especially sports-focused activities
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Odoo's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.