Manager of IT Engineering - Cloud Systems
Location: Reading, PA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-15 05:00:41
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske Manager of IT Engineering – Cloud Systems You will be working with and innovating Penske's cutting-edge Cloud environment with a team of industry-leading experts. You will lead the Cloud Engineering teams and support staff through a diverse range of projects. You will be responsible for the reliability, performance, recoverability, and security of the corporate Cloud environment and the underlying team that manages and supports the environment. You will be keeping Penske updated with the latest technology and knowledge from the industry and implementing these changes across the whole company.
This position sits out of our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA.
- Maintain and recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures
- Manage a staff, including recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training, coaching, and supervising associate performance
- Own for team results of enterprise projects by coordinating resources
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Maintain reliability, performance, recoverability, and security of the corporate Cloud environment
- Oversee daily operations of design, configuration, implementation, support, troubleshooting, maintenance, performance monitoring and the development of specialized procedures relating to the use of the corporate cloud computing environment
- Work closely with technical staff on best practice development and implementation.
- Ensure the functional, cost-effectiveness and timely support of systems on a 24x7 basis
- Plan for growth and provide projections for business plan
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations and execute them if required
- Research and implement new open-source and commercial tools, technologies and methodologies
- Serve as thought leader and final decision maker able to drive the team to conclusions regarding technical solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required. If no degree, then at least 5 years of information technology management experience required
- 2+ years of supervisory or team leadership experience highly preferred
- 5+ years leading/supervising multiple enterprise-level IT Infrastructure projects
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Expertise in systems infrastructure and architecture, including: Linux &AWS knowledge (AWS VPCs, Availability Zones, Security Groups, ELB/ALB, etc.) Open source and purchased middleware products such as webservers, application servers, database servers, API management gateways, single-sign-on software, identity management software, ETL software, collaboration software, etc.
- Database technologies such as Gemfire, Greenplum and MySQL
- Strong problem solving and communication skills required
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.