Software Developer 3 (JoinOCI) at Oracle (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-16 05:00:26
As a part of OCI Core Services, the Virtual Networking org at India Design Center isbuilding new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate and enable a high scale broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud.All the other services and applications on cloud consume these core services.OCI Networking Development, India is a newly established team who will develop these state of art, distributed and highly available virtual networking services.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Load Balancing offers options to distribute workload processes across multiple resources in multitier and highly distributed application architectures to ensure availability.
As a developer, you will contribute to the development and automation of these services in a global agile team. You should be comfortable at building complex distributed systems that interact with end users at one end and network infrastructure at the other. Experience on Service Data Plane is preferred.
Developing algorithms to efficiently solve problems for moving data across a distributed network efficiently and reliably is the key skill that that you will enable your success in our team. Your ability to identify and mitigate risks in your projects and across your functional team is an important measure of your success in this role. You will be responsible for the reliability and high availability of our service in the production environment which is an integral part of the development process at OCI. On-call support is also a part of this role.
You should be passionate and highly skilled in programming in C/C++/Java/Python or a language of your choice and able to write clean code consistently. You should also be ready to learn a new language when a there’s a need. Writing structured and optimised code for improving performance and scalability when it is deployed in a cloud environment as a part of a service operating in a distributed environment is one of the most critical requirements.
The OCI Core teams have a highly collaborative work culture. Your ability to take initiative in an ever changing environment to own results without ego and deliver value to the customers will determine your success in our organisation.
- Building major new features in existing systems working independently on most projects
- Writing correct, secure, maintainable and robust code with appropriate tests.
- Improving the team in some subset of: engineering practices, ops practices, development process, ownership, mentoring. May occasionally need to collaborate across teams
- Driving design of your features & subsystems along with operational readiness & excellence for the same.
- Collaborating on planning, architecture and major pain points in your service and identifying and mitigating risks in your project.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Hardware Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience in applications development
- 2+ years of experience in developing large scale distributed services / applications
- Expert skills with programming in C/C++/Python/Java
- Good high and low level design skills
- Experience with microservices, operating systems and concurrent programming
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills