Computer Scientist: Processing of 3D surface geometries (f/m/x) at Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (Bremerhaven, Deutschland)
Location: Bremerhaven, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-16 05:00:27
Welcome to DLR!
Our Institute for the Protection of Maritime Infrastructures in Bremerhaven wishes to recruit a Computer Scientist or similar (f/m/x) for the Processing of 3D surface geometries.
The safety and security of critical infrastructures is an essential foundation for the economic prosperity and stability of governments and societies. The Institute for the Protection of Maritime Infrastructures focuses on this challenge and develops new concepts, approaches and technologies that may be used to analyse and enhance the safety and security of maritime infrastructures regarding people, technologies and systems.
Raw sensor data is often not suited to be displayed and has to be processed in order to display the information in a situational awareness picture. In particular, a compression of the captured data allows a fast data transfer between systems as well as a representation in real time.
The position of a computer scientist in the Situational Awareness group of the department of Maritime Security Technologies at the Institute for the Protection of Maritime Infrastructures focuses on the development of methods to compress sensor data with minimal change of the data to a displayable and transferable amount.
Point clouds generated using a laser scanner are the focus of your work. Together with us, you work on transferring them into compressed surface data as well as on detecting recurring structures and embed them as multiple instances of the same entity into the model. With your work you are addressing our common goal to observe connections like pipes or wires in the model and to make a first step into extracting the functionality of an infrastructure.
In this position you will
- research, develop and validate new methods to
- compress and process point clouds to form 3D surface geometries
- detect recurring elements in these point clouds or geometries with a focus on improving neural networks to increase the robustness and efficiency of the detection
- detect connections between functional elements in the models with a focus on the correct estimation of the direction of the connection or specific connected elements especially inside walls
- publish research papers on national and international level.
- Master’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Media Informatics, Mathematics or similar classes or similar classes
- professional knowledge of C++, Python, Java, Rust, Version control using git Linux, Windows, Latex and Office
- professional experience in 3D data processing, 3D real time representation, Machine learning, especially neural networks
- experiences in research projects with partners from industry and research
- analytical and creative thinking for solving complex operative problems
- fluency in written and spoken German and English
- fluent in German and English
- team-minded, communicative and cooperative
- enjoying interdisciplinary work
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x). Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
Dieses Stellenangebot gibt es auch auf Deutsch unter dem untenstehenden Link.