Architect at WorldRemit (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-16 05:00:39
Who we are
We’re global, we’re growing and we’re going to need talent to keep up the pace. We’re making payments simpler for over 4m customers worldwide, in over 90 currencies. We’ve been around for 10 years, disrupting the market with a digital payment platform that aims to make sending money abroad as easy as sending a text message.
There’s almost 1,200 of us already hard at work and we love welcoming new people. We’ve got offices across the world, from London to Sydney and 15 locations in between - they’re open for business but right now lots of us are working from home. Want to be part of our global growth story - read on…
About the role...
As part of the architecture team, you will create the front end architecture for mobile and web applications of our industry leading funds transfer system. We are in the process of improving both backend and frontend architecture to meet our business growth. You will define the front end architecture with scalability, code maintainability and testability in mind. You will set the architecture standards and guidelines that will help the engineering team to implement the application.
As a member of WorldRemit’s Engineering team you will aim high, embrace challenge and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
Reporting to the Director - Architecture , you will:
- Understand our business model and requirements
- Define and document the frontend architecture for our mobile and web applications
- Refine high level architecture down to a lower level design
- Work alongside the backend architecture team to define the API contracts
- Communicate the frontend architecture vision to other architects and the engineering team
What we’re looking for from you...
- At least five years of experience as developer working on mobile and web applications
- Experience with React, React Native and GraphQL
- Experience transpiling components for both React Native and web
- Experience in designing and building REST APIs
- Ability to design frontend architecture with security and performance in mind
- Knowledge on testing methodologies for front end applications
- Strong communication skills to describe your ideas to your peers and managers
- Knowledge of Typescript, Single Page Application and Redux is a plus but not essential
What you’ll get from us...
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.P
- ension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Recharge days, 4 per year, 1 for each quarter
- Cycle to work scheme
- Various dining and shopping offers
Please note, due to remote working at present, some of our benefits may be temporarily suspended. For more information please get in touch.