Software Engineer- UI -Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Dev - Networking (JoinOCI) at Oracle (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-16 05:01:17
Role: Software Development Engineer (UI) ,Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure Virtual Networking Team
OCI Networking, as a part of OCI Core Services isbuilding new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate and enable high scale broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud.All the other services and applications on cloud consume these core services.OCI Networking Development, India is a newly established team who will develop these state of art, distributed and highly available virtual networking services.
This position is for theVCN’sNetwork Metrics and Analytics team in Bangalore. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Virtual Cloud Network (VCN) is a customisable and private network on the OCI cloud. As with an on-premise network, customers have complete control. This includes assigning your own private IP address space, creating subnets, route tables, and configuring stateful firewalls. VCN is a core and one of the major building blocks for any cloud service to operate. The Metrics and Analytics group within VCN Core, works on solutions to give more insights to the customer and help improve their Virtual networks with respect to connectivity, performance and troubleshooting.
As a UI Engineerin the team, you will own software development, deployment and management of major UI components of the VCN offerings on the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platform.
Our product roadmap is incredibly exciting with challenging problems in the areas of running enterprise level cloud service. You must have experience with scalable distributed systems and have led projects that have had a collaborative approach to systems architecture as well maintained a high bar for quality, operational excellence and performance
You should be comfortable at building complex distributed systems , with UI interfaces, that interact with end users at one end and network infrastructure at the other.
You should be able to write clean code consistently. The ability to optimise the code for improving performance and scalability when it is deployed in a cloud environment as a part of a distributed application is the most critical requirement.
Your ability to identify and mitigate risks in your projects and across your functional team is an important measure of your success in this role. You will be responsible for the reliability of the production environment which is an integral part of the development process at OCI.
Oncall support is also required for the service owned.
The OCI Core teams have to follow a highly collaborative work culture. Your ability to take initiative in an ever changing environment to own results without ego and deliver value to the customers will determine your success in our group.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Hardware Engineering or related field
· 2+ years of experience in applications development
· Experience with Typescript, Node.js/npm, Enzyme, Jest and designing and implementing form-factor independent UI
· Excellent codingskills
· Developing algorithms to efficiently solve problems for moving data across a distributed network efficiently and reliably
· Understanding of programming in Java or object oriented language of your choice.
· Excellent organisational, verbal, and written communication skills
· Experience withNetworking applications is highly desirableDesign, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.