Senior Software QA Test Engineer at Contrast Security () (allows remote)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-17 05:00:23
Contrast Security named to Inc.'s “Best Workplaces of 2020” Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.About The PositionOur engineering team has a strong spirit of entrepreneurship. Every member has joined us over our 6 year history because he/she wants to be part of a high-performing team and go through the scale up experience. We look for candidates who share similar goals and beliefs about the work and the team they want to be a part of. Our Test Engineers are fully embedded in the development teams they work with and work alongside the developers to ensure full and complete testing of our products through a variety of testing solutions. The main goal is to enable the engineering teams to write their own tests and provide guidance and hands on experience where needed in all areas of the SDLC. We are looking for enthusiastic Test Engineers to join our team and help ensure we deliver high quality products to our customers. The successful candidate will see the big picture and understand how our platforms interact with each other and with other systems and services internally and externally and will be able to to use their skills and knowledge and then to expand on these to ensure the teams are using the right tools and frameworks for the job at hand.This position is US-based but can work from home on a permanent basis if not located near our offices in Los Altos, CA or Baltimore, MD.
- Provide technical guidance within the team to increase the test coverage and quality of our products using BDD in a CI/CD pipeline
- Work cross-functionally within a team and be a core contributor in every solution including attending all agile ceremonies
- Create and help team to maintain non-functional automated testing
- Assess areas within the product and guide team to anticipate and prevent potential issues
- Approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you’re building - finding the simplest solution to complex problems
- At least 3 years of experience of developing manual and automated tests of modern, scalable and high-performing applications in Enterprise or Commercial Software development
- Knowledge/practical experience of Web Services and relevant testing tools
- Industry experience in at least one testing type eg. UI, API, Performance, Security etc.
- Experience with using one of the AWS Services: S3, EC2, CloudFront, Lambda or cloud storage such as Azure
- A “self-starter” attitude in order to make progress in ambiguous situations and a high level of accountability
- Strong communication skills - asking questions when needed and sharing your knowledge and learnings
- You have a passion for tools, testing frameworks, methodologies and quality!
- Strong understanding of TDD and BDD best practices and tools
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Daily in-office team lunches (when offices are open)
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off