Software Developer 3 - Virtual Cloud Networking (JoinOCI) at Oracle (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-17 05:00:26
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at large scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class, foundational cloud infrastructure services. The Virtual Networking Team builds the highly customizable Virtual Cloud Networks (VCN) and connectivity services offering predictable and consistent performance, isolation, and availability.
We are a team that builds and maintains the OCI Software Defined Network (SDN) stack. Currently, we are looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in maintaining a large fleet of embedded Linux systems. These are exciting times, and our team is undergoing rapid growth while working on many new ambitious initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact. Join our team and help us build a state-of-the-art IaaS network starting from the ground floor.
Why join VCN Card Management Services?
The Virtual Cloud Network (VCN) team has a culture of collaboration which welcomes new people to their ranks.We not only focus on an excellent customer experience; we also spend the time to make sure that your onboarding and ramp-up experience is a great one.We work together and help each other out, and do not skimp on technical debt, which facilitates reasonable on-call and a good work/life balance.
As a Sr. Member of Technical Staff on the Card Management Services team, you will help design and develop tooling and infrastructure to manage a growing fleet of smart networking devices at scale. You will be one of the engineers responsible for delivering a highly available, and secure fleet of critical SDN infrastructure. Our team owns cloud services that manage the software stack of networking devices, including deployment, patching, and monitoring. We are a nexus with many partner teams and work across OCI to support their applications on our platform.
As a member of our team you will be required to:
- Maintain and build new technologies to support our distributed fleet of Linux systems. This includes distributed deployment and monitoring tooling.
- Automate and maintain build and test systems including systems for performance and scalability testing.
- Improve efficiency of the deployment processes across a fast-growing number of regions through automation and scale improvements to tools and dashboards.
- Participate in our on-call rotation which requires monitoring our fleet and associated services.
- Improve our operational capabilities by developing runbooks, alarming, and building tools.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related engineering fields
- 3+ years of experience developing cloud systems at scale
- 2+ years of experience with Java/C++/ Python
- 1+ years of DevOps experience
- Proficient with build tools and pipelines (e.g. Team City, Maven, make)
- Masters in Computer Science or related engineering fields
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience in CICD environments
- Experience with Agile Development
- Experience developing deployment and monitoring software