Cloud Services Engineer - SaaS/PaaS at Plex Systems (Auburn Hills, MI)
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-17 05:00:48
Cloud Services Engineer
Want to work with fearless innovators, visionaries, and community-minded people who challenge the status quo? We do too.
Plex is more than a software company — we’re a team of disruptors who are driving innovation and unlocking the promise and value of smart manufacturing.
It isn’t a trend or a moment, it’s a movement. And we’re leading it, but we can’t lead it alone. That’s where you come in.
Plex Systems, Inc.® delivers the first smart manufacturing platform, helping the world’s leading innovators to make awesome products.Built in the cloud, the Plex Smart Manufacturing Platform includes MES, ERP, supply chain management, Industrial IoT, and analytics.
We believe that anything that can be made can be made better, and we are focused on finding the right people to help us achieve the big important tasks ahead.
Is that person you?
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Cloud Services Engineer to join our Cloud Operations Department and help drive our continuous improvement culture. As a member of our Cloud Services team, you will play a key role in our transformation from monolithic to microservices architecture and adoption of open-source technologies. You will be responsible for supporting the application tier both in the private and public cloud. You will help us improve the reliability and delivery of our products through automation and auto remediation. You will ensure that issues are resolved in an organized manner as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The preferred location is Auburn Hills, MI but highly qualified remote candidates will also be considered.
WHAT’S YOUR IMPACT?
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to enable them to build our platform and expand it in a consistent and secure fashion
- Respond to application or security incidents alongside engineering, manage incidents to resolution by following established processes and provide root cause analysis
- Design/implement application monitoring and performance metrics/dashboards
- Maintain application automation runbooks
- Automate manual operations tasks and response to issues
- Assist and mentor teams in developing scalable, performant applications
- Provide continuous feedback to Product, Engineering and Cloud Operations team
- Participate in an on-call rotation
IS IT IN YOU?
- 5+ years managing web servers, including 2+ years managing IIS
- 3+ years of infrastructure administration experience
- Experience with Operations technologies including the following:
- Web Servers (IIS 10)
- Server Operating Systems (Windows Server, Linux)
- Strong Scripting Knowledge (PowerShell, Bash, Python, nice to have Selenium etc.)
- Public Cloud experience: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience using and managing a variety of open source technologies and cloud services, ideally including the following:
- Kubernetes supporting enterprise needs: Kubernetes platforms, Docker, Twistlock
- Infrastructure/Configuration as code: Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Proven history building automated solutions that enable resiliency and self-healing of applications
- Capability to analyze packet captures and appropriate tools (Wireshark etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the following will make you more competitive for this position:
- Knowledge of .Net website functionality
- Knowledge of Redis
- Familiarity with external monitoring services like PRTG and Dynatrace
- Familiarity with Akamai content distribution network or similar services
- Knowledge of Consul
- Familiar with OpsGenie
- Familiar with Prometheus and Alert Manager
- Load balancer experience (F5 LTM, Azure Load Balancer)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. Our inviting culture fosters collaboration, innovation, and motivates team members to take on important work, every day.
In addition to all the benefits you’d expect from a world-class company like ours, we also offer Day 1 benefits, career growth and professional development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, unlimited paid time off, a wellness allowance to support your family’s well-being, sustainable work-life balance, and flexibility. Our multiple office locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary snacks and drinks, and “de-stress areas” complete with amenities in some locations like massage chairs, golf simulator, ping pong tables and more.
Plex values the power of diversity and inclusion – it isn’t just a talking point for us. It drives our business and fosters fresh thinking, and is reflected in the individuals we hire, and the culture and community we’ve built to support them, such as our [email protected] and [email protected] groups. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants of all types and from all backgrounds. Plex urges our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate the differences among people.
SOUND LIKE YOUR DREAM JOB?
EXCITED ABOUT PLEX BUT NOT THE RIGHT GIG?
Don’t despair – your perfect fit is on its way! Stay connected, sign up for job alerts or submit a general application on the Plex Careers page.