Join the Crew Ambitious Full Stack Software Engineer (all genders) at Spaceteams GmbH (Hamburg, Germany)
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-17 05:01:10
Become a Spaceteams crew member
It’s already in our name: working in teams is the foundation of our company. As our new crew member, you will become part of one of our Spaceteams that implements challenging projects together with and for our customers and partners.
About your job
We think and act as a team! You will … … be part of a team that takes responsibility. … collaborate with our customers in shaping the product vision. … participate in the selection of the technology stack for your team’s project. … design, plan and build software with your team and the product owner. … contribute to the culture, the organization, and working methods of your team. … develop yourself and share your knowledge and skills with your teammates.
You … … are developing software professionally. … have a degree in computer science, software engineering, or a comparable degree. … have experience with agile methods and enjoy influencing the processes and culture of your team. … like to take responsibility and ownership of the team’s software. … are eager to learn and share your knowledge with us. … are a team player and feel comfortable within groups of people. … have good writing and communication skills in English, German is a plus. … are motivated to get things done.
EU work permit is required.
Rather than being committed to a fixed set of tools, we use what’s best for our challenges.
Since we are constantly expanding our knowledge our toolset changes over time. But here is a list of technologies that we currently like to use:
- Lang: Scala, Kotlin, TypeScript
- Tooling: Git, Gradle, NPM, SBT
- UI: React, Redux, Preact, Vuejs, Vuex
- Backend: Node.js, Koa.js, Akka HTTP
- Persistence: MongoDB, DynamoDB, Postgres
- Search: Solr, Elasticsearch
- Platform: Docker, AWS, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Architecture: Serverless, SOA, Microservices
- Monitoring: ELK, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus
- Spacetime: up to 20% of your working time can be used to enhance your professional skill set
- 30 days paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Premium hardware of your choice (laptops, screens, keyboards, headset, desk, chair, etc.)
- Budget for conferences, barcamps, workshops
- Subsidies for public transportation services
- Company pension plan
- Agile work environment, flat hierarchy, and quick decision-making
- Team events
Develop yourself, experiment, learn: it’s Spacetime!
Lifelong learning is crucial to us. Therefore we coach our employees to take part in our advanced training concept called “Spacetime”. Spacetime allows you to use up to 20% of the weekly working hours to grow your technical, but also non-technical skills.
Experimenting with new technologies, building a prototype, contributing to open source projects, improving your presentation skills, or learning about leadership – we will be open to your ideas and guide you in your personal development.
Currently, we are in full remote mode due to the pandemic. We plan to move into an office in Hamburg when it is safe again, so that everyone benefits from the mix of experienced developers and ambitious newcomers in our teams.
If you have further questions about the job, contact us at [email protected].
We are looking forward to hearing from you!