Associate Web Developer - Web Designer (REMOTE) at Open Doors with Brother Andrew Inc (Santa Ana, CA) (allows remote)
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-18 05:00:15
Are you looking for ways to use your Web Development expertise to live out your values/faith? Open Doors USA is hiring!
Position: Associate Web Developer
Location: We are happy to consider remote employment from anywhere in the U.S. for the right candidate. It is particularly advantageous, however, if the candidate is based in Southern California.
Open Doors provides Bibles, emergency aid, food and shelter, job training, literacy classes, safe houses and other critical support to Christians living in the world's most difficult places. We seek to help people who are harassed, kicked out of their communities, physically assaulted, unjustly imprisoned, raped and even killed as a result of their Christian faith. For more than six decades, we have also worked to strengthen churches to help them survive and thrive to serve our world and advance the gospel in volatile regions.
Open Doors is also a passionate community-made up of many staff, board members, field representatives and supporters--who stand against persecution together.To learn more about our organization, we invite you to read more here.
Who we're looking for:
The Associate Website Developer is responsible for supporting technical development and coordination to Open Doors' websites, digital media presence, prayer app and other online efforts.
This position will:
- Consistently create well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including mobile and responsive site design
- Develop plans for completing larger projects, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing websites
- Work quickly and carefully to complete small edits requested by design/content creators
- Troubleshoot website problems
- Work in the Wordpress environment to complete incoming development requests, cooperating with web designers to match visual design intent
- Christ follower with a passion to serve persecuted Christians
- Proven track record working successfully in web programming
- A strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (SASS)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Proficiency with the content management system WordPress
- 2+ years of experience in Web Development or similar role
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good time-management skills
- Bonus: Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus!
What we offer:
- An opportunity to do meaningful work that truly makes a difference
- The chance to be part of a passionate, vibrant and caring team
- Excellent benefits that include medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents with no current employee contribution required.
- Beautiful work environment
- 403(b) w/employer contributions
- Paid time off
We can't wait to meet the person whose passion, skills and experience make them the right fit for our team!