Senior Back-end Developer (Remote) at iubenda (Milan, Italy) (allows remote)
Location: Milan, Italy
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-18 05:00:40
We’re looking for a brilliant and motivated Senior Back-end / Ruby on Rails developer to join our distributed team. The products that iubenda distributes are delivered across billions of page views every month; we are used by thousands of clients in the US and in more than 100 other countries. If you’re excited to work with one of the very few Italian companies offering SaaS solutions internationally and to join a team of friendly people with a culture based on continuous learning, transparency and collaboration, you’re looking at the right place!
What you'll do:
- Design and build solid, scalable and maintainable Rails applications with excellent test coverage
- Lead Code Reviews and mentor colleagues.
- Create a positive environment for the people around you, sharing knowledge with everyone and helping the team grow.
- Collaborate with designers, team leads and stakeholders to understand business goals, analyze requirements and propose technical solutions. It's not just about writing code :-)
- Relevant experience in crafting mid-large size web applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Proficiency with the Ruby language.
- Have a great understanding of OOP, SOLID design principles and design patterns.
- A solid understanding of relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Experience in Unit, Integration and Acceptance testing using RSpec and Capybara.
- You can reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level.
- Experience with GitHub and a solid understanding of Git core concepts.
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Have a very good command of written and spoken English.
- Side projects or open source projects contributions (you might want to share via GitHub link).
- Continuous integration and deployment skills.
- Experience with SaaS development and RESTful API development.
- Experience With Kubernetes and Docker.
- Server stack configuration and optimization skills (Apache/Nginx).
- System administration skills on Linux platforms (Debian/Ubuntu).
- REMOTE WORK - You can work from one of our beautiful offices in Italy (in Bologna and Milan and both being incredibly well located nice places to work from) or remotely. We are used and fully structured to onboard people who rather work full-time remotely.
- LEARNING BUDGET - We’ll sponsor your professional growth by providing a budget that can be used for courses, events, workshops and books.
- WORK EQUIPMENT - We’ll provide an equipment allowance so that you can perform at your best.
- COMPETITIVE SALARY - We offer a highly competitive salary when compared with other Italian startups since we have high standards on finding the best people to join our team. Besides, we offer a generous paid time-off (+25 weekdays/year).
- COMPANY RETREATS - Twice a year (summer and winter) we get together in amazing destinations to work, bond and enjoy team building activities. We offer a fully paid week-long retreats to places like Val D'Orcia, Capri, the Dolomites or the Tonnara di Scopello.
- TRAVEL ALLOWANCE TO VISIT A COLLEAGUE - We’ll provide a travel allowance so you can visit a colleague (as long as the travel itinerary meets the COVID travel rules and restrictions).
- GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT - You will be part of a multicultural team full of talented and expert people and you will find a team spirit, which you would rarely find elsewhere.
- ENGLISH CLASSES - We offer online English classes in a weekly basis, on several different levels, within working hours.