Full Stack Developer (Remote, Canada) at Crowdlinker (Toronto, ON, Canada) (allows remote)
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-19 05:00:13
(Toronto area candidates preferred or remote in GMT-4, GMT-5, GMT-6, GMT-7, and GMT-8 timezones. All candidates should have eligibility to work in Canada. We are not offering working visa sponsorship at this time so please apply only if you are eligible to work in Canada)
Crowdlinker is an end-to-end digital product studio based in Toronto and Barcelona with a relentless focus on our customers. We connect people through technology by being the strongest link between companies, their ideas, and their clients. We do so by excelling at digital strategy, creative design, full-stack development of websites & web/mobile apps, and digital marketing (SEO, SEM, PPC, Marketing Automation). Our clients include large startups like Freshbooks, TopHat, League, and Second Closet, as well as enterprises like Unilever, Nestlé and NBC Universal. We create cutting-edge applications using the latest technologies and design them with an exceptional user experience.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you will be responsible for ensuring that user stories and features of projects are executed using sound development practices and the most up-to-date and reliable tools. You will collaborate with product managers and designers to ensure that the problem is being solved in the correct manner. Every team member at Crowdlinker is equally responsible for the success of the project as a whole and so you will bring a strong level of organization, communication and accountability to the work that you do.
We are looking for someone to be a Full-Stack Ninja, and so your ability to code the front-end is critical and a strong understanding of the back-end is needed. We are looking for developers with an obsession for clean, well-structured coding practices who think about the sustainability of the products they build.
We are growing quickly, which means there are always new and exciting challenges at Crowdlinker. We are looking for someone who is comfortable taking risks and solve burning problems. We embrace change, see challenges as opportunities and focus on solutions. We do offer great pay and benefits. We hope you can join us to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- 2-3+ years of web / mobile development experience.
- Proficient knowledge of at least one backend programming language like Node.js / Python / PHP
- Excellent understanding at least one backend framework like Express, NestJS, Laravel or Django etc
- Experience working with SQL databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL) OR NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Proficient in using front-end frameworks such as React.js, React Native or Vue.js
- Proficient with TypeScript, ES5/ES6, state management libraries like Redux / Context API, React Hooks, JSX and CSS-in-JS
- Experience designing application architectures and concepts like unit testing, TDD, and continuous integration.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills as you will be working closely with designers, product managers and sometimes clients.
- A sound understanding of design concepts and best practices required to build systems with considerations for scalability, performance, maintainability, testability, and extensibility
- Strong understanding of project management tools in the Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence etc.)
- Experience working with Agile principles.
- Experience with Git for version control
- Proficient in writing maintainable CSS / SCSS with a strong understanding of Flexbox & experience working with responsive web design frameworks, such as Bootstrap / Zurb Foundation.
- Have excellent communication, collaboration skills and comfortable communicating via email, Slack or on video calls.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with testing libraries like Jest, Cypress, etc.
- Experience with Docker
- An overall understanding of popular frontend and backend languages, their associated frameworks and their upsides/downsides.
- Can mentor and coach other developers to skill up in their craft.
- Familiarity with cloud providers, such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Digital Ocean.
- An impressive portfolio / Github handle to demonstrate skillsets.
- Participate in technical design and planning discussions
- Work closely with our designers on implementing designs into code.
- Work closely with our product managers to ensure projects are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for project deliverables.
- Hands-on troubleshooting, debugging and fixing of issues during development and post-release.
- Participate in and contribute to client meetings and proposals.
- Lead, mentor and coach our developers to level them up in their craftWe don't expect you to know all of the above! We're always constantly working with new technologies and learning is a part of the job!
What’s in it for you?
- Gain experience working with team of experienced developers.
- Learn and implement the latest and greatest in new frameworks and technologies. (Receive up to $10k to take relevant courses.)
- Learn faster by working on a variety of client projects throughout the year.
- A ground-level opportunity to join a growing company early and accelerate your career.
- Code with us the sensible way, using continuous integration, automated testing and deployment, proper testing/staging servers, Git repos with proper branching and all other DevOps practices that make developers’ lives easier overall.
- A strong culture of excellence, mutual mentorship, and transparency.
- The chance to work in fully operational, cross-functional product teams, giving you the opportunity to enhance your understanding of design, digital marketing and product management.
- Competitive compensation.
- Potential for stock in the company.
- 5 weeks paid vacation.
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan, which includes $800 per practitioner (e.g. massage therapy, physiotherapy, orthotics, acupuncture, etc...)
- Cool office in trendy Entertainment district at 119 Spadina Avenue.
- Flexible hours with an option to work from home.
- Optional computer hardware.
- Optional company mobile hardware and phone plan.
Duration of the role
This is a full-time, permanent role, not a contractor position.
How to apply
In your application, please include:
- A link to your GitHub profile if you have one.
- A link to your LinkedIn profile if you have one.
- A link to your portfolio of work if you have one.
- A summary of how you would be able to make a difference in our team.
You may include a traditional resume and cover letter as well, although it is not required.