Platform Developer at Confluence Technologies, Inc. (Cape Town, South Africa)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-19 05:01:12
On an average day, as a part of a Platform team, you will be building modern highly scalable, robust services, frameworks, and systems to support the Confluence platform and its global customer base.
There is a very diverse range of cutting-edge development projects, and we would love you to help us tweak and perfect our code design!
Armed with the best tools available, and surrounded by an experienced and approachable team, you'll be able to hone your skills while making a real impact in an enjoyable environment.
- Designing, building and maintaining secure, scalable, fault tolerant, robust, and reliable cloud applications based on Microservices Architecture
- Developing integrations with existing platform through the use of APIs
- Enhancing the security, robustness, performance, and maintainability of the code base
- Delivering on well-specified work items and demonstrating strong logic and reasoning capabilities
- Collaborating with the development team on new ideas, features, and projects
- Working with our talented application support team to solve user issues
Skills & requirements
For the day-to-day work, you'll need:
- Solid working knowledge with .NET Core/C#
- 5-10 years .NET experience
- Understanding of TDD, test automation and desire to write simple, adaptive and iterative code
- Understanding and experience with Cloud architecture
- Practical experience with large relational databases (Postgres or MSSQL)
- A strong understanding of API architecture
- The ability to re-enforce and nurture professional coding practices in the team
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Deep passion for learning new concepts and technologies!
- Experience with version control (Git)
- Experience building containerized applications (Docker) and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar providers.
Ideally, you’ll also have experience with:
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as code technologies e.g. Terraform
- Financial experience