Senior Data Practice Team Lead (Sydney/Cork/Bath/Leeds) at PracticeEvolve (Cork, Ireland)
Location: Cork, Ireland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-20 05:00:25
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate data model developer who loves to work with data, in its interpretation, transformation, processing and storage, to support onboarding, accounting, business intelligence, and other interests for a industry-leading legal practice management solutions provider.
To make this possible, we're inviting you - an experienced, self-motivated software engineer - to join us in establishing an efficient data practice group in our organisation, coordinating the efforts of an existing team of experienced data modelers well-versed in the domain, applying your excellent technical knowledge in building and evolving data models and data transformation pipelines.
- Develop best practices and standards for the data team
- Act as the product owner of business domain language data dictionary, ensure quality, extensibility, consistency and reusability of the data schema
- Ensure quality, extensibility, consistency and reusability of the data transformation tools
- Act as the librarian to the set of transformation tools, run code-review to ensure quality
- Organise meetup and build communication channels to share knowledge on the data pipelines
- Manages development and operational capability/capacity across the data team
You are self-motivated, proud of the code you write, love to see gigabytes of data flying efficiently through your pipelines, and likes to harness peer and customer feedback to further improve it. You enjoy working in a team, but also want to see the bigger picture and knows how to bring the team along. While you have an eye on the goal, you also love to explore the latest technologies along the way, and not afraid to use them.
Your technical skills:
- Strong foundation in software design and development practices – minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Scripting (e.g. Powershell, Unix, Perl, or Python)
- Functional programming (theory or practical e.g. F#)
Your personal traits
- You have a strong willingness to learn new technologies and new industry domains
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are a team player who enjoys exchanging domain and technical knowledge with others