Software Engineer for our new Digital Development Center at KBC Group N.V. - Branch Bulgaria / Digital Development Center (Varna, Bulgaria)
Location: Varna, Bulgaria
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-20 05:00:28
KBC Group’s Digital Development Center (DDC) is our newly established agile delivery to business center in Varna, Bulgaria. The DDC offers you an unique opportunity to join the exciting world of digital bank- insurance and become part of a leading EU Banking Group. With our 41,000 talented employees, we at KBC Group aspire every day to enable and protect the dreams of our clients.
DDC is where classical IT meets digital banking – an international meeting place for cross-country collaboration and idea creation!
In Bulgaria, KBC Group is one of largest foreign investors, where we operate under the leading brands of UBB (Banking), DZI (Insurance) and SSC (Shared Services).
How do you like a role described with terms like multiple, complex, constraints, incident, change?
Are you eager to cooperate with analysts, technical designers, functional analysts, product owners, application managers and to manage both multiple and complex systems, within the constraints of time, quality and budget?
You will be
- An important link within the team, and together with the team you will ensure that the projects and changes are delivered on time and with guaranteed quality
- Realizing various and multiple software engineering activities incl. business requirements, functional design, technical design, development, application integration, package configuration, testing, deployment and other software related development activities
- Documenting, managing the systems, processes and changes you are responsible for and building permanently personal knowledge of software solutions and methodologies/frameworks for software design and development via life-long learning
- Following market evolutions within the assigned applications, solutions and software frameworks (including their interfaces) and advice in function of new developments
- As a software engineer you are responsible for the maintenance of various applications within KBC, as well as carrying out assignments in project mode, from discussing the requirements to developing, implementation and testing
- You will also participate in the daily support of these applications. Together with the team you will ensure that service is guaranteed both during and outside office hours
- You will also be responsible for non-planned maintenance (incident solving, production support, and for critical applications beeper support)
- Managing incidents through investigating (and resolving) problems that occur in the processing of the systems
- Managing change through examining applications to change the systems, as well as the end-to-end elaboration and implementation of the requested changes
- Managing calls by providing support to system users and interfaces
- Join the SAFe ceremonies (PI Planning, Sprint Planning), where we have a lot of interaction within and outside the team and every team member takes responsibility to pick tasks from the backlog, discuss requirements, give status update on open tasks, give and accept open feedback
- Playing an active role in the acquisition process
Technical skills (mandatory):
- Mainframe development environment
- Database management: DB2, IMS, SQL
- Infrastructure: Windows z/OS, Trivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS), Message Broker (WMB), ESB
- Release management: Subversion (SVN), Changeman, BladeLogic
- Application development: EGL, Cobol, JCL, SAS, Telon
- Testing: z/OS Test Tools, Kanoah
- Tooling: Application Lifecycle Management Toolsuite (Jira, Confluence, ...), Service Now, RDz/IDz (development environment), Topaz Workbench, Screen Generator, SAFe (Kendis, ...)
Technical skills (nice to have):
- DevOps - Development & Operations for Amazon Public Cloud
- Frontend/Midtier - Cloud native BlueCap Java developer
- Master level degree or at least equally qualified by experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within same or similar position
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of non-life insurance is an asset
Besides the professional qualifications we put great priority to certain soft skills as:
- Strong orientation to results
- Strong Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate, team player in a high achievement-oriented environment
- Innovative and analytic thinking and creativity
- Team spirit and ability to delegate tasks
- A high degree of adaptability and flexibility
- Analytical thinking and eye-for-details but at the same ability to see the big picture and able to perform as well under time pressure
- Have an eye for optimizations and improvement proposals
- Ability to work on different tasks & assignments with the right priority
If you find this job opportunity interesting and you meet the requirements for the position send a CV in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
Confidentiality is guaranteed and the provided data is subject to special protection in the meaning of the GDPR and Personal Data Protection Act.