Senior Software Engineer at Trustpilot (Copenhagen, Denmark)
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-20 05:00:38
We are looking for a talented engineer who also cares about the product they are building. You would be working in a cross-functional “full ownership” team, where you will be taking part and have a voice in every step of the process of building products from ideation, design, architecture, code, deployment, maintenance.
Your main responsibilities would be centred around building great web applications, and the backend needed to serve them at scale. We are talking millions of interactions per day, supported by an architecture of hundreds of microservices: the challenges and the opportunities to work on something big and have a large impact are plenty!
As an experienced engineer, you will have the opportunity to help drive the technical decisions for your team and for the department at large: we constantly aim at improving our processes, architectures and technologies, to face the ever growing challenges in front of us.
In your role, you will:
- Play a key part in defining and pursuing the team’s vision
- Design, implement and deliver highly scalable solutions based on modern cloud-based architectures.
- Continuously develop, release, monitor and improve our products and services.
- Set and actively promote software development processes and best practices
- Partner with product managers, designers and engineers across the organisation to define high impact solutions and deliver high-quality applications.
- Identify opportunities to improve our existing systems continuously.
- Be responsible, keep the scope and deliver iteratively.
We are looking for people with:
- 5+ years of solid engineering fundamentals and experience in independently writing code to solve real-world problems.
- Background in the development of robust and scalable web applications and APIs with several years of hands-on experience.
- Experience with modern cloud architectures (i.e. microservices, serverless, event-driven, TDD, reactive).
- Proven knowledge of engineering best practices (CI/CD, observability, configuration management, test automation).
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly in both verbal and written form.
- Motivation to deliver quality results in an agile, collaborative, ever-evolving environment.
- Enthusiasm for learning, both on their own and within a team, as well as the wish to communicate their own learnings to others.
A group of motivated engineers working in cross-functional teams while still enjoying the close-knit community within the Research & Development organization, where we share both knowledge, delicious food and foosball matches. With a wide variety of cultures in our team, we get to enjoy many different viewpoints, and our talks are always lively and fun.
A typical week for you will involve a planning meeting within your team, where you discuss the current tasks at hand and align on what creates the most value towards our current goal, and daily stand-ups where you can discuss the progress of your current tasks as well as any issues you might see.
You will also have regular 1-on-1s with your manager, where you will be able to work on your personal growth and development, by setting clear goals, receiving actionable feedback and discussing possible learning resources and opportunities.
Some relevant technologies and services we use:
- Infrastructure: AWS (ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS), Docker, CloudFormation
- Frontend: React+Redux, Style Components, CSS Module, SASS
- Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, BigQuery
Find more on http://stackshare.io/trustpilot