Support Engineer - Tier III
Location: Saint Louis, USA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-21 05:00:13
We're hiring a support engineer.
Here's the day to day
hese are the functional assignments (or FA’s as we call them internally) that make up this job - this is what you’re focused on every day, day in and day out.
- Being a Software SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- You’re focused on becoming the in-house expert for the Infoplus WMS. Anything and everything Infoplus software will be your focus. This ranges from possible escalated tickets about APIs, SQL backend, EDI questions, and any other customer tickets that are escalated from Tier 1 and Tier 2 support queues.
- Troubleshooting and Solving Technical Issues
- Recreating Warehouse Scenarios and Problems
- You’ll be reproducing and recreating the warehousing problems and scenarios customers face within our software. This includes tickets about: the application itself, the features, scenarios within a warehouse and their related processes, or third party softwares that are tied to Infoplus.
- Serving as the Knowledge Resource for Better Documentation
- You will be the technical and Infoplus expert-level knowledge resource to help the rest of your support and content team enhance and create internal and external documentation.
- Customer Communication
- This is a semi-customer facing role where your responses are requested. You’ll be comfortable answering customer tickets on a regular basis and providing updates along the way of your solution to exceed their expectations. When you aren’t doing this directly, you’re providing another support agent with the same information and details for them to communicate.
What a Top Candidate Will Have
We’re interested in the Right Person (yes, it’s meant to be capitalized) - for us, a Right Person is someone who matches our Core Values, has the right skills and experience, and this job would fill their cup and get them excited each morning.
- Knack for Making the Complex, Simple
- You want to take the complex and make it simple (and are the best in your field at it). Your communication and solutions are focused on the greater good for everyone involved. You know you are the expert, and you want to share that knowing it will bring a solution to a new, and better, level.
- Strong Independent Worker
- You want to find answers to your own questions. You are someone that has an internal fire to continuously learn the application without being guided or told what to look for. You want to be the expert, and nothing will stop you from becoming that.
- Technical Zone of Genius
- You get energy from working in the depths of software. You lose time finding, diagnosing, and solving technical problems. Your passion is supporting great software at the most technical level and beyond.
- Focused on Customers Success
- You only accept finding the win-for-all path forward. You choose to look through the lens of the customer first. You make choices with the customer’s long-term goals and relationship in mind (sometimes this is the “hard no”).
- Ability to Dig In and Discern
- You want to roll up your sleeves and get down and dirty in the nuances of everything Infoplus. There can be a lot of noise and muck, so you know how to tell what’s important. You also recognize when to come up for air on a problem and can prioritize your workload and customer tickets.