Senior Software Engineer / Ruby / Buyer at The RealReal () (allows remote)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-21 05:00:37
As part of the engineering team, your work will directly impact the supply side of our business. You will improve product intake funnels, user account pages related to their sales, customer payment processes, and integrate with tools used by business units such as Sales,Marketing, and BI. We are looking for Full-stack engineers who bring fresh ideas, enjoy learning every day, willing to expand their development skills and solve challenging problems, and make a huge visible impact for our company.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Produce high quality, performant, testable code.
- Review pull requests and provide constructive feedback.
- Pair up with someone to work together on a feature.
- Learn something new, and mentor junior engineers.
- Deploy to production multiple times.
- Help define technical strategy and architecture.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of professional web application / full-stack development experience.
- Fluency with any of Ruby, Elixir, Erlang.
- Strong understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools.
- Strong database fundamentals and experience with MySql or Postgresql.
- Worked with search engines such as ElasticSearch, Lucene, Solr.
- Experience using async message queues.
- Mastery of git and Github workflows.
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Experience with Elixir, Phoenix.
- Advanced CS degree or equivalent