Senior Back End Engineer at Blinker Inc. (Denver, CO) (allows remote)
Location: Denver, CO
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-21 05:00:38
Senior Backend Engineer
Blinker has developed a patented, differentiated transactional platform and operations to support sellers, buyers and borrowers in the Automotive sector. Specifically, Blinker provides end-to-end digital transactional capabilities for purchase/sale transactions and related finance and insurance services to buyers on the platform. Leveraging proprietary image recognition, AI and back office technology, Blinker delivers a streamlined user experience including vehicle valuation, listing, loan pre-qualification, lien payoff, ownership transfer, loan funding, insurance coverage, and more. Blinker has generated highly-rated customer satisfaction scores with customers receiving substantial economic benefits compared to conventional dealer channels.
We are looking for a senior backend engineer with core software engineering skills, who is looking to continue developing backend applications while growing their frontend application development, and cloud infrastructure skills. We are partnering with one of the biggest players in the automotive space to provide a SaaS-like vehicle transactions platform. If building a modern and high-volume SaaS platform sounds interesting, join us!
What you'll be doing:
- Working on small, autonomous, results-oriented project teams to deliver high-value software.
- Building backend features and functionality with Elixir and Phoenix.
- Building user interfaces for end users and platform administrators with Typescript and React.
- Operating with and iterating on our cloud infrastructure from CI/CD to monitoring and metrics.
What we're looking for:
- A love of learning and growing technical breadth and depth.
- Senior-level experience with any mainstream programming languages, with a passion for modern but pragmatic code.
- Individuals looking for a high performing team, where we support each other while holding ourselves and each other accountable.
- Experience with Phoenix/Elixir.
- Experience with React/TypeScript.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, or other modern DevOps tools.
- Experience with building multi-tenant, best-practices SaaS products.
About Blinker Engineering:
- Highly competitive benefits - We regularly review our compensation brackets to make sure they are highly competitive with the top 30% of the Denver market. We have high expectations of our engineers, and we want to make sure they are rewarded for meeting them. Our benefits package is great (including fantastic health insurance), and we offer unlimited paid-time-off. We offer stock options to share in the success of the business. And of course, we have the typical startup on-site goodies like snacks, beer, and even a cold-brew coffee tap.
- Develop your career - We take career development seriously. We have three main paths for engineers (Core Contributor, Technical Leadership, People Leadership) and each of those has multiple titles, with compensation brackets and associated responsibilities and opportunities. We integrate feedback through manager 1v1s, performance reviews, and anonymous engineering team surveys. We want our engineers to succeed and not only build great things at Blinker, but significantly grow their careers at the same time.
- Healthy, transparent, results-oriented workplace - We try to limit heavy-handed processes and overly prescriptive planning. We limit meetings, favoring ad-hoc and proactive communication. We care deeply about the team "vibe" and ensure we have an inclusive, fun, and engaging environment for everyone. We believe information is critical for our team to succeed, and we build tools to democratize data and support an open and honest environment. In our autonomous workplace, engineers make important decisions everyday and must feel they have the right amount of information to make those decisions - which is why we favor transparency.