Medior/Senior C# Developer at memoQ (Budapest, Hungary)
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-21 05:00:48
What gets you up in the morning?
- Do you want to leave your mark on the world and help take a world-class software product to the next level?
- Do you love collaborating with great people?
- Are you thriving for continually growing and learning to be better at your work?
- Are you always in search of the root of a problem and want to find the best possible solution?
Then this position at memoQ may be just for you!
What you’ll do in this role at memoQ
As a member of memoQ’s Development Team, you will
- Build, test and maintain services using C#, .NET Core
- Be involved in technical and architectural decision-making processes
- Be encouraged to constantly learn and grow as a developer as it suits you best, like attending workshops, conferences or read as many books as you want from our library
- Help more junior colleagues to grow in their position via mentoring
What we think will help you succeed in this role
We believe you can be phenomenally successful in this role if you recognize yourself in the description below. Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of the criteria—we value people who understand their weaknesses, and actively help all of our colleagues to improve. And we are looking for developers with different levels of experience.
- You have experience working with C# and its ecosystems
- You are keen to write tests alongside your code to be confident in its stability and quality (we test with NUnit)
- You write clean and readable OOP code
- You are a quick thinker, able to solve complex problems with ease
- You are not rattled by change and ambiguity, but actively seek to try new approaches and change course flexibly when it makes sense
- You are enthusiastic to learn new skills and share them with your colleagues
- You experience mistakes as part of being human instead of blaming the person who committed them(be it you or others) and regard it as an opportunity to learn and grow
- You are willing to take part in inevitably boring or dirty work as well as inspiring and interesting tasks
What will really knock our socks off
- If you are familiar with relational databases e.g. SQL
- If you have contributed to building a CI/CD pipeline that was used for developing, testing and deploying a product
Our tech stack
- We write backend code in C# and .NET Core
- We test with NUnit and Ranorex
- We manage our code in Gitlab
- We store our NuGet packages in Nexus
- We use Cake to automate our build systems
- Our CI/CD pipeline is Jenkins where we guarantee our code quality with SonarQube