Fullstack Developer (Dynamic Ads) at Smartly.io (Helsinki, Finland)
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-21 05:01:10
As a team responsible for Dynamic Ads, team Dynamo tries to help our customers that have large catalogs of products, to advertise those products to their potential customers.
We already built a solution that supports our customers to run Dynamic Ads on Facebook, but we want to improve it. Now we are striving towards building a new collaborative real time campaign workspaces tool inside our product. With this new tool multiple users are able to collaborate simultaneously and see each other's changes instantly - all the way from campaign creation to publishing and editing the ads.
The new campaign workspaces tool is built on top of multiple microservices that provide APIs for handling different entities in Facebook. Our microservices are run by Kubernetes cluster, which is maintained by our DevOps team, but services inside the cluster are maintained by us.
As a part of this project we also want to build a new microservice that will give us more control and overview over the catalogs and products inside them that our customers want to advertise.
Tech Stack: NodeJS, TypeScript, React, OpenAPI, Kubernetes
For a sneak peek into our ways of working, read How Engineers Work at Smartly.io.
What you will do in this role...
- Be part of planning, designing and implementing new Dynamic Ads in Smartly.
- Work on microservices that help our customers seamlessly publish their ads on Facebook.
- Work on different APIs that follow the best design practices with OpenAPI definitions and code generation.
- Work on service that is responsible for loading large feeds with products for Dynamic Ads on Facebook.
- Build new services and APIs that will make Dynamic Ads easier to use and allow more control and overview for our users.
What we are looking for...
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and testable code in the programming languages that we use.
- We use mainly TypeScript with Node.js for both backend and with React for frontend development.
- Ability to work with multiple team members and also cross team collaboration.
- Experience with some SQL and NoSQL databases and some queueing systems.
- Readiness to solve customer problems via support chats.
What we offer...
- Chance of rebuilding and improving Dynamic Ads and how they are used in Smartly. Dynamic Ads bring 30% of all Facebook revenue so your work will be used by some really big clients.
- Be part of inventing and implementing the ultimate framework for managing advertising campaigns.
- Work on and see a high scale application that is run by more than 30 microservices in action.
- Ability to learn new technologies, we mostly use but not limited to TypeScript and Node.js.
- Competitive salary and great team to work with.
What to expect from our recruitment process...
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.