Backend Engineer - Java (x/f/m) at Bonial International GmbH (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-22 05:00:19
Bonial helps you save time, money and paper.
We are digital advertising partner for offline business - we support retailers in their marketing activities and help them find a new audience.Would you like to join and be a part of digitalization of retail?
Are you a curious coder? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where you are constantly learning and growing? Do you love to dabble in new technologies and are continually searching for ways you can improve your code base, processes or skill set?
We, Notifications Team, are responsible for connecting our millions of users with the fresh and interesting content that is regularly published by our partners/clients. We do it, by sending a wide range of timely and personalized notifications to our users.
As a Backend Engineer in our team, you add new features and improve existing ones,andensure that our notifications platform works flawlessly. You would be doing that by:
- Playing an active role in developing new features and services in Java 12 using SpringBoot;
- Gaining experience in writing new and maintaining existing Apache Spark jobs in Java (or in some cases Python) which process several millions of notifications every hour;
- Retiring legacy components and replacing them with shiny new architecture and technologies without impacting the existing users;
- Delivering high quality code and ensuring everyone in the team adheres to the high quality standards we have set for ourselves;
- Using agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban;
- Exercising your autonomy to propose new technologies and tools which makes the team more efficient.
What you should bring (ideally):
- A passion for Backend development, that goes without saying;
- 2+ years of experience in Java, SpringBoot and any relational database;
- Hands on experience of building and consuming REST services;
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud environments;
- Experience in Apache Spark, Microservice Architecture, NoSQL Databases or Kubernetes is a plus;
- Independence, dedication and ability to deliver production ready (and clean) code;
- Curiosity and ambition to grow and learn;
- Fluency in English.
Keep in mind that this is just an ideal requirements’ list; we look for potential!
What we can offer you:
Diversity - international, multicultural and inclusive community with colleagues from over 40 different countries where you can grow personally and professionally. We do not only embrace diversity - we cherish it.
Development - strong support for your professional development with both company sponsored activities and a dedicated budget you can decide on, also English and German language courses in house.
Sustainability - the opportunity to engage in projects that promote sustainability, environmental development and the impact that we make on our planet.
Modern Office with interior design handcrafted by our creative team: fully stocked Kids' Room for when your kita bails on you; Zen Rooms where employees can pray, relax or simply have some quiet time; fully equipped gym in the office; and Roof terrace for amazing Friday events.
Social Culture that encourages people to start conversations, build relationships and participate together in the community through regular team events in a lounge perfect for socializing.
If you think you could fit the bill, we'd love to hear from you!