Java Software Development Engineer at Telenity (Bakrköy, Turkey)
Location: Bakrköy, Turkey
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-22 05:00:20
Telenity is an industry-leading provider of cutting-edge software products and solutions for mobile operators around the globe. We are in love and proud of the products we develop, and you'll be working with some of the top experts in the field on the frontline of technology.
Java SDE works in R&D through the entire software development lifecycle of our telecommunications solutions and products. We expect this role to perform the software development tasks of her/his responsible modules and contribute to the overall solution and products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and perform the best that meet quality objectives, engineering methodologies, and guidelines set forth by Telenity.
- Participate in requirements analysis and contribute to the solution design.
- Recommend enhancements, improvements, and innovations to the existing products and services. Spearhead and contribute to the development of new solutions and technology prototypes.
- Conduct unit, integration, and, if required, performance testing in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish technical documentation by writing design and test documents and contribute to manuals.
- Support deployment activities if necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Already understood that software engineering is a lifetime learning discipline and eager to understand, learn and try new technologies every day.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and ownership.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Good team player with solid collaboration.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Experience in large-scale software development, software lifecycle & release management.
- Experience in using source code management tools such as GIT and/or CVS.
- Experience in using software build and automation tools such as Ant and/or Maven.
- Experience in development and integration with multi-layer software stacks.
- Good understanding of SOA concepts and Web Services (SOAP, RESTful, JSON, XML).
- Good understanding and hands-on experience in relational database systems (Oracle, MySQL).
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following technologies is a plus: ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Apache HTTP Server / Tomcat / ActiveMQ / Kafka / Redis.
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following emerging technologies is a definitive plus: AI, Big Data, Cloud Computing, MicroServices, Containerization.
Education & Experience
- BSc degree from the Engineering Departments (preferably Computer Science or Electrical and Electronics Engineering) of reputable universities.
- 3 to 6 years of professional and hands-on development experience in Core Java (OOP, Multi-Threading, Core APIs, Collections, etc.) and J2EE.
- 2+ years of professional and hands-on experience with Linux and/or Unix systems.
- Telecom experience is a plus.