Backend Engineer - Remote at Medal.tv () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-22 05:00:24
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectations that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
We're a productive team shipping code to production 20-30 times a week, working on the platform powering all the other teams at Medal. We have a fast feedback loop where code generally hits live users within minutes of a merge. As part of the team, you'll be working with product and frontend teams to ship new features and improvements across all of our features, which includes everything from video processing to social integrations and everything in between, but primarily the API used by the other teams.
We outsource most typical business needs and focus on building what is unique to Medal. You'll be part of an experienced engineering team and your work will be used by millions of gamers around the world. You will be working on helping us scale the platform to 100 million users by building features that our creators love.
We're a small engineering team spread across US and EU time zones. As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
- Ability to write clean and readable code
- Two or more years of experience with Java
- One or more years of experience as a backend engineer on a production application
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs and experience working on them in a production environment
- Proficient with MySQL
- Understanding of CI/CD, TDD and version control (git)
- ORM-based applications
- Kubernetes, Terraform, Redis, Jersey, Saltstack or RabbitMQ. We pray at the altar of the gods of significant indentation, YAML.
- Google Cloud and/or AWS
- A passion for games and the gaming communities
- Worked with remote teams in an agile way
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Full Medical for employee and two dependents
- Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents
- Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
- Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
- Team retreats
- A flexible, laid back office environment, everyone works remote!
- All the fun and frolics that come with working at a gaming company
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE TO DO NOW
We hope to hear from you! When you apply, please make sure to include:
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical recruitment process is:
- Phone screening
- Up to 4 interviews with different team members
- Reference checks
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!