Junior Android SDK Developer (with JS) - Berlin, Cologne, Remote at eyeo GmbH () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-22 05:00:25
Get to know us
We create open source software that puts users in control over their online browsing experience. Our desktop and mobile products, such as Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr, help sustain and grow a fair, open web, because they give users control while providing user-friendly monetization. Our most popular product, Adblock Plus (ABP), is currently used on over 100 million devices.
What you'll do...
You will work on the WebView-based Android SDK and LibAdblockPlus together with a highly-skilled team of engineers in a remote-first setup. We use Gradle to build our SDK and a little bit of Python in automation. Git is our version control system of choice.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Develop Adblock Plus Android SDK and its integration using your coding skills
- Coordinate with the team and collaborate with your peers in a remote-first setup
- Ensure the stability of our SDKs across all platforms and partners via automated tests, code reviews and collaboration with your QA colleagues
- Ensure that partner requests are answered and implemented, and that partners are satisfied
What you bring to the table...
- A university degree on Computer Science fields or proof of your coding skills
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Fluency in both verbal and written English
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Knowledge of the Android SDK
- Knowledge of how browsers work
A little bit about the team you’ll work with
The Distribution Partners team works on growing eyeo’s user numbers by finding and collaborating with partners that help us scale our user base. Our partners include leading players in the browser and OEM markets; we collaborate closely with them to integrate ad-blocking technologies into their projects. We do this by providing, maintaining and constantly updating the SDKs that make it easy for our partners to integrate with us. We add features and functionality based on partner feedback and new trends in the markets around us.
When applying, please share via link a code sample or, preferably, references to open source projects you’ve worked on.