Sr. Software Engineer at KiteString Technical Services, formerly LJSA. (Philadelphia, PA)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-22 05:00:26
- Ability to define system requirements and create associated designs for implementation.
- Polyglot knowledge of multiple programming languages including Java.
- Strong knowledge of Spring Boot as well as the Spring ecosystem.
- Hands on knowledge of event driven architectures including technologies like Avro, Kafka, Kinesis as well as RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ.
- Testing frameworks including SpringBootTest, Junit, Postman, Pact, Cypress.
- Strong understanding of the testing pyramid and testing techniques including TDD.
- Strong hands on usage of containers including tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, ECS/ECR, OpenShift, LXC and other related technologies and tools.
- Strong API design experience including REST principles and REST API design standards and protocols.
- Understanding of SOLID and other design principles.
- Understanding of microservices architecture patterns pattern like Service Discovery/API Gateway/Domain Driven Design etc
- Experience with multiple database categories including RDBMS, Document and Columnar
- Knowledge and practical experience of database change management tools like Liquibase and FlywayDB.
- Knowledge and us of performance testing tools including Gatling/Locust/JMeter.
- Understanding of cloud IaaS technologies (AWS) including VPCs, Subnets, IAM, SG, RDS, MSK, EKS.
- Understanding of infrastructure as code (IAC) concepts and usage.
- Experience with security mechanisms including mTLS, x509, OpenID Connect, JWT/JWE, OAuth2, PEP/PDP, SAML, WS-Security, Basic Auth and ABAC/RBAC based policies.
- Design for observability, all cloud and application components should be clearly instrumented from the ground up.
- Experience with Open Trace, AWS Cloud Watch, DataDog, Prometheus, ELK, Grafana, Hystrix,, App Dynamics, NetCool and other tools to ensure the cloud is operating as expected.
- Experience with continuous delivery (CD) concepts including CodeFresh, Jenkins, GitLab, Travis CI, GoCD and others.
- Experience with Linux scripting including Bash and KShell.
- Work with different teams within the organization to gain alignment with key design principals around the engineering tools and operations.
- Conduct in-depth evaluations, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving a wide variety of complex technical issues.
- Working knowledge of UI frameworks including ReactJS and UI to API interactions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a technical discipline (e.g. engineering) preferred
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience