Ruby on Rails Developer at Jobandtalent (Madrid, Spain) (allows remote)
Location: Madrid, Spain
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-22 05:00:37
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
You will be working in one of our product teams inside the Backend guild to design and implement real world staffing problems solutions in a Service Oriented Architecture platform.
Company KPIs drive the prioritization of features you will build using your well known software engineering best practices to deliver maintainable and scalable code on-time.
Requirements and Skills:
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably web and API development. At least 2+ years of experience building Ruby/Ruby on Rails, customer-facing applications
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, understanding problems and looking for solutions out of the box
- A thirst for analyzing key business metrics & qualitative feedback
- A hands-on approach to understanding and tackling business challenges
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (inc. Scrum, Kanban, …) & working with a Design team
- BA/BS or higher in computer science or equivalent work experience
- You're a programming language polyglot and learn new languages and tools for fun and profit, but always choosing the right tool for the job (we like Ruby, Elixir, Python, Go, Scala, Rust, …)
- You know your way through Linux servers and app deployments
- Strong RDBMs knowledge (query analysis, database transactions, …) and some No-SQL experience (Redis).
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- You master git and the GitHub workflow, which we use extensively at jobandtalent
- Fluent in English
Offer in Short
- Ownership of projects with direct impact on the product.
- Salary in the 40k-60k range for Spanish Permanent Contract. 4.000-6.500k/month for a stable freelance contract. (wide range, depending on experience).
- Opportunity to be eligible for our ESOP plan
- Discount on Health insurance.
- A yearly budget for Conferences/meetup/self-learning.
- The opportunity to either work remotely or in our offices in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Free fruit, free coffee and free lunch on Fridays!