Full Stack Engineer at AMBOSS (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-23 05:00:13
We are AMBOSS, and we are looking for the Full Stack Engineer.
Working in a cross-functional, agile team whose mission is to improve the user experience of our medical editors, providing them with tools, automation, and improving the content model. Challenge the status quo and improve patterns used in the code; a pragmatic problem solver who has a healthy sense for prioritization.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Take full ownership of discovering solutions with the team and implement them end-to-end; from idea to production.
- Constantly improve the team performance by giving and receiving constructive feedback, and help to shape and maintain effective work processes.
- Help others reach their full potential through mentorship and a constant exchange of ideas between developers.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Confident knowledge of PHP: experience using one of common frameworks: Symfony, Laravel, CodeIgniter, etc.
- Practical knowledge of relational databases (any of MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Hands-on experience working with one of modern UI frameworks (i.e. React, Vue, Angular) and vanilla JS.
- Experience working with other engineers in a team, participating in group activities, grooming, planning, retrospectives.
- Best practices of maintaining a codebase for several years.
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.