Sr. Web Developer at Brave Software () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-23 05:00:13
As a Senior Web Developer you will be part of our webops team and work very closely with our Design, Product, Business Development and Marketing teams.
You will be responsible for front-end, and some back-end, development. Own, build, and develop new and existing websites and write and support custom code.
- Strong knowledge of static site generators (we use Hugo)
- Basic knowledge of Wordpress and PHP
- Experience working with a design team to implement a front-end design system
- Experience working with a front-end framework/library such as React, Vue, Angular, or Svelte
- A general understanding of SEO practices and analytics tools such as Matomo (Piwik)
- Ability to work fast and under tight deadlines
- Experience building a responsive website across various screen sizes
- Understanding of general web security considerations
- Understanding of security issues surrounding all aspects of the front-end
- Remote work experience
- Basic understanding of Terraform or other Infrastructure-as-Code tools
- Understanding CDN systems (Fastly), VCL configuration, and cache purging
- Experience deploying and managing AWS services and web apps
- Communicate with Product and Marketing teams to determine requirements for landing pages and web assets for new initiatives.
- Build landing pages, and all other customer-facing web assets, driven by Product and Marketing teams.
- Maintain existing websites and web applications.
- Supporting our existing websites and building out new features.
- Effectively translate designs into fully responsive and performant pages or apps. This occasionally involves offering design suggestions in order to better accommodate various screen sizes.
- Developing and quickly spinning up templated websites for new initiatives
- Ensuring high-performance and availability.
- Keeping us to a high security standard
- Setting up and maintaining redirects, and general upkeep of sites.
- Work collaboratively with geographically-distributed team members to help identify and fix bugs