Senior Software Engineer at Xometry, Inc. (Bethesda, MD) (allows remote)
Location: Bethesda, MD
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-23 05:00:42
At Xometry, we are in high growth mode and looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our expanding technology organization. You’ll be working as part of a skilled, collaborative, and passionate team to jointly design and implement Xometry’s platform.
Our Technology team values diversity, inclusion, and personal growth. We believe that great tech skills paired with behaviors and values make for a great culture that support growth and personal achievement. You will be a good fit for this role if you believe the following is true for you.
Foundational Traits / Responsibilities of Everybody
There are certain things that are simply requirements of being a good employee, coworker, and teammate. These things are so critical to how we operate that if you're not doing some of these well there isn't much value in focus other parts of your career...these must always come first. Only once you do these things on a daily basis can you focus on growing your career.
Be Respectful and Kind to Everyone - Nobody should be treated differently than anyone else, regardless of their role, job level, background, or absolutely anything else. Treat each other with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Assume good intent always.
Be Available - Be available online (or in office if applicable) during the times that are aligned to the company and your specific team and when your team is operating.
When You Need Help, Ask for It - We trust each other to do a great job at all times, and shy far away from micromanaging everyone's tasks. With that comes responsibility to not waste time if you're stuck or having trouble. Raise your hand, reach out to a teammate, say something in #slack, or jump on a Zoom. No one will judge you for asking for help.
Being a Team Player
Participate in Team Ceremonies - Always participate in the things the rest of your team is participating in. If you think certain meetings or activities aren't productive, voice that opinion, but never opt-out of participating with your team.
Follow Team Practices & Guidelines - Whether it's coding practices, ticket creation standards, code reviews, quality bars, or any other standards followed by the team, they exist for a reason, follow them. If you don't agree or think things could be better, say something. Part of being the best means always evolving and constantly trying to get better, which means we have to keep asking ourselves if things can be better.
Strive To Be Better - One of the coolest things about Xometry is that we never assume we're doing the best we can and are always open for improvement. We want everyone at Xometry to feel the same way. So, whether it's you trying to figure out ways to grow your career or accomplish your career goals, or whether it's little things to make our products or practices a little bit better, keep questioning the status quo and always try to be better every day.
Working on the Technology Team
We expect that every person in technology at all levels brings with them a foundation of technical skills. We focus less on specific languages and more on your knowledge and experience with technology. We will meet you where you are and then help you to grow from there. Our platform technology is a mix of Front-End, Back-End, and Data.
What You'll Do & What You'll Bring
- Active participation on a software development team designing, coding, testing, and releasing functionality to our customers
- Close collaboration with other engineers and product managers to become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Experience working on a web application project that you can talk about, showing off some of your work
- Some understanding and experience (more depending on level) with using using C#, Java, C, C++, Ruby, Python, Node or similar back-end technologies
- Familiarity with code management (GIT) and continuous integration build and deploy
A Few Requirements
- Must be a US citizen, green card holder, or a legal permanent resident of the United States
- Excellent oral and written (English) communication skills
- Must be able to work core aligned hours to US Eastern Time / GMT-5
- Must be able to commute to the Bethesda, MD office for team meetings/team building events on occasion
What You'll Enjoy
- Work in a highly collaborative, self-organizing team with the ability to decide how your team works and what technologies you use
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Health, Dental, Vision, Commuter, Dependent Care, Primary & Secondary Parental Leave, and 401K benefit options
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, meetups, conferences, and online training subscriptions
- Stock Options – we’re a growing startup so you get a piece of the pie
- And more!
Xometry is the largest marketplace for custom manufacturing, connecting customers with optimal manufacturing solutions through proprietary AI algorithms. Xometry provides on-demand manufacturing services and industrial supply materials to a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our nationwide network of over 6,000 partner manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities, including CNC machining, 3D printing, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and urethane casting. Xometry's customers include BMW, Dell Technologies, General Electric, and NASA.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.