Location: Toronto, Ontario
Created: 2021-04-23 05:00:47
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before May 2, 2021 via email, with “SOFTWARE DEVELOPER” in the subject line, to [email protected]. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.
TITLE: Software Developer
DATE: April 2021
DEPARTMENT: Food Rescue
REPORTS TO: Director of Product Development
STATUS: Contract Full-Time (1-year contract, with possibility of extension)
SALARY: $80,000 - $90,000 Per Annum Plus Benefits
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery. We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities.
Second Harvest is looking for a collaborative, adaptive problem-solver with 3+ years development experience to join our team as a Software Developer. Under the direction of the Director of Product Development, this position will work alongside our external development partners to build and expand the Second Harvest Food Rescue App, with a focus on the web application and database integration. The web application is built on top of React, using a .NET Core backend. The affiliated database is Microsoft Dynamics, and datastore is through Microsoft Azure.
- Develop features for the existing Second Harvest Food Rescue App (web application), ensuring integration into Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Write high quality source code to complete web application features within deadlines.
- Work to resolve any technical issues that may arise in a timely and effective manner.
- Track all work in Microsoft Azure Triage Board, following standard operating procedures to ensure all developers and product team can easily view process and blockers.
- Liaise with external technical vendors, working collaboratively to enhance the web application software.
- Collaborate with the Food Rescue team to ensure technical development accurately reflects the needs and priorities of web application users, internal staff, and community partners.
- Assess capability gaps and opportunities to improve the web application technology.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
- Detail-Oriented: you are proud of your work and know that cutting corners isn’t an option.
- An Industry Expert: you’re up to date with technology trends and are always looking for new solutions to old problems.
- A Microsoft Geek: you have experience working with Microsoft Power Platform and are excited by the low-code/no-code tools used by non-developers. You can’t wait to help enhance the work being done by our team.
- Naturally Curious: you’re innovative, extremely creative, and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Energized: you’re always ready to take on new things and have fun doing it; if you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right.
- Motivated by Challenges: your passion for perfection keeps you going.
- 3+ years experience creating solutions with: React, .NET Core, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Power Platform.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
- A whole lot of fun.
- The opportunity to work for an internationally recognized, purpose-driven organization.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca